1100 models and ULEZ exemption

my 2004 1150 GSA just got refused exemption. I sent the CoC and the V5 . I have asked for an explanation!

Please be advised that the evidence provided is not sufficient to confirm ULEZ compliance at this stage. The ULEZ scheme requires vehicles to meet the following standards: Euro 3 for motorcycles, mopeds, motorised tricycles and quadricycles (or Nitrogen Oxides (NOx) less than 0.15g/km) Euro 4 for petrol cars, vans, and minibuses (or Nitrogen Oxides (NOx) less than 0.08g/km) Euro 6 for diesel cars, vans, and minibuses (or Nitrogen Oxides (NOx) less than 0.08g/km and Particulate Matter (PM) less than 0.005g/km) Euro VI for buses, and coaches and heavy goods vehicles Generally, the date of 'first registration' can be used to determine the Euro standard; Euro 3 became mandatory for all new motorcycles in 2007. Euro 4 became mandatory for all new cars and light vans in 2006. Euro 6 became mandatory for all new heavy-duty engines for goods vehicles and buses from January 2014, September 2015 for cars and light vans, and September 2016 for larger vans up to and including 3.5 tonnes gross vehicle weight. We would require further evidence for us to be able to match the values for NOx (Nitrogen Oxides) and PM (Particulate Matter) values as recorded on your Homologation letter. We should also like to clarify that as the details currently held by the DVLA reflect that your vehicle is not compliant, updating this vehicles compliance record directly with DVLA, so that ULEZ Compliance Registration with us is not required is also an option for you. If you believe your vehicle is ULEZ compliant you will need to supply further evidence, such as the Conformity Certificate.

What are the chances of being caught on camera when bikes have no front no plates?.

When I spoke to them they insisted that the 1100 models require a catalytic converter to pass the emission test. They charge £300 to fit a cat, £175 for the test and you still need to pay the ulez charge for the day of the test. Close to £500 in total!
Buy cat. Take test. Sell cat.

New reply from TFL - "you haven't send us all four pages of your V5"
Well I know I did but I will do so again. Timewasting as the deadline approaches?

My 2004 R1150 GSA is now exempt. It took four attempts but TfL have now registered my bike as exempt.
So don't be put off. All you need to send is the BMW CoC for your vehicle and a copy of your V5.

Back
Top Bottom