1300 GSA Top Case Lock Faulty

DMB1200

Registered user
Joined
Nov 18, 2017
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Location
Worcester
Hi I'm currently away in Spain and my top case lock has stopped working, totally fine for the last 12 months then over night it has become difficult to shut and has to be forced open whilst depressing the button, I will take it back to the dealer when home, but has anyone got any advice on how to improve for the time being? Thanks Dave PS Apologies if it's already been discussed I did search but found nothing similar.
 
Hi I'm currently away in Spain and my top case lock has stopped working, totally fine for the last 12 months then over night it has become difficult to shut and has to be forced open whilst depressing the button, I will take it back to the dealer when home, but has anyone got any advice on how to improve for the time being? Thanks Dave PS Apologies if it's already been discussed I did search but found nothing similar.
Leave it unlocked and a luggage strap around the box and lid to keep it shut

That’s what we did in olden times with airhead panniers to stop the lids coming open or the panniers falling off
 
Leave it unlocked and a luggage strap around the box and lid to keep it shut

That’s what we did in olden times with airhead panniers to stop the lids coming open or the panniers falling off
Visit a Motorrad dealer in Spain? I have always had a good outcome when I have issues irrespective of the location.
 
Dirt? I always found the top box a bit tricky. I would have to press down quite hard to get it to shut properly. And by that I mean not the first stage lock when the red bar is still visible showing it’s not properly shut ( those that have one will know what I mean)
I now let the lid drop sharply and that seems to do the trick but I don’t trust the mechanism.
Try and stop by a dealer in Spain and have them look at it. No expert but it does s to me that here might be some dirt blocking the over sensitive mechanism ….
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions, popped into a dealer who although very friendly and did try a few things was unable to help. Currently keeping it shut and will visit the supplying dealer when home next week 👍
 


Back
Top Bottom