2009 July,Black Sea Trip

Istanbul would be a good somewhere, mostly as that's where we all are. What do you reckon L (also known as -L-)? Sometime next week?

Istanbul would be a good somewhere, mostly as that's where we all are. What do you reckon L (also known as -L-)? Sometime next week?
No I was referring to Timolgra.But if you like, we could meet up here.Yea,I am kindly inviting you here to Tekirdağ for delicious meatballs.I am invited to Tekirdağ paragliding show in Uçmakdere.Hoping to ride my bike there.Sunny and partly cloudy weather for Sunday.Just 1- 1.5 h ride from İstanbul.Lots of things to do and see here.Not bored by İstanbul,yet?:eek

A ride to TKG would be good, when there's no chance of rain.....or even one cloud in the sky. We stopped there last summer (there was a really strange man with huge ears), on the way to Gokceada....possibly the most boring place in the world, except for the coast road. We'll work out a date.

A ride to TKG would be good, when there's no chance of rain.....or even one cloud in the sky. We stopped there last summer (there was a really strange man with huge ears), on the way to Gokceada....possibly the most boring place in the world, except for the coast road. We'll work out a date.

The weather forecast foresees no rain tomorrow.This is an invitation.Just nudge whenever you want.By the way,I don't think you are real GSers.(as regards to your reply):augie

Your trip

How are you getting back? Im riding this way middle of June, im dropping down from Russia along the Blacksea East coast. (Have a girlfriend who lives here) I will then head back Turkey, Macedonia (also have girlfriend here) Serbia , etc. In Eastern Turkey watch out for the speed cops. They hide in the hills, gun you then radio to their mates a few miles down the road who stop you. These just want to steal your money. I don't pay anything at anytime! However in this case they marked my paperwork so when I left through the border into Iran they saw this and charged me 14 quid. Also Bulgaria, Speed guns are pre set. They pull you over to grab your money showing you a speed reading that is fixed for everyone they stop. Good Luck, but you won't need it its an easy ride!

How are you getting back? Im riding this way middle of June, im dropping down from Russia along the Blacksea East coast. (Have a girlfriend who lives here) I will then head back Turkey, Macedonia (also have girlfriend here) Serbia , etc. In Eastern Turkey watch out for the speed cops. They hide in the hills, gun you then radio to their mates a few miles down the road who stop you. These just want to steal your money. I don't pay anything at anytime! However in this case they marked my paperwork so when I left through the border into Iran they saw this and charged me 14 quid. Also Bulgaria, Speed guns are pre set. They pull you over to grab your money showing you a speed reading that is fixed for everyone they stop. Good Luck, but you won't need it its an easy ride!
Thanks Jake.

Sorry Vent, didn't see this. L, myself and another friend are now off to Iran in Mid-July, returning around the 1st or 2nd of August. I doubt we'd be able to take another trip so close to that. We could do something between then and now though.

Hi you Turks...i can't PM Venturer and seem to have lost the PM or email about the offer of sorting tyres, accomodation, harem of beautiful women......etc

So if either of you can get back to me I'd appreciate it as we're going to need 4 pairs of tyres to fit standard GS wheels in Istanbul probably late July.

cheers Tim

Hi you Turks...i can't PM Venturer and seem to have lost the PM or email about the offer of sorting tyres, accomodation, harem of beautiful women......etc

So if either of you can get back to me I'd appreciate it as we're going to need 4 pairs of tyres to fit standard GS wheels in Istanbul probably late July.

cheers Tim

We are here Tim and we are Turks:comfort Feel yourself at home when you are here. Ready to assist you and the gang in anyways.

2 x 1200
2 x 1150

both the same tyres though.
Road tyres should be fine, Tourance or similar.

We had planned for one TKC rear lasting from Ulaabaatar to Istanbul, but I have my doubts so we're all carrying a spare TKC rear which will still be on it's last legs by Istanbul.

We're still in the hands of visa officials with a few hiccups ....'what can possibly go wrong'? :D

2 x 1200
2 x 1150

both the same tyres though.
Road tyres should be fine, Tourance or similar.

We had planned for one TKC rear lasting from Ulaabaatar to Istanbul, but I have my doubts so we're all carrying a spare TKC rear which will still be on it's last legs by Istanbul.

We're still in the hands of visa officials with a few hiccups ....'what can possibly go wrong'? :D
Who is arranging them the tyres?
As for accomodation, stick to here: http://www.turkomanhotel.com/
I once advised a guy at ADVrider. He was happy there. In the citycentre, very close to sights worth seeing. We can book your rooms in advance.

I once advised a guy at ADVrider. He was happy there. In the citycentre, very close to sights worth seeing. We can book your rooms in advance.

Ok thanks for that.
Re. tyres, I was rather hoping you could point me in the right direction for them...

I was going to check in with Bora Eris, who's a member of this forum (Bo Ra Bo Ra, http://www.ukgser.com/forums/member.php?u=1019391) as I got my TKCs from him. He's based in Bandirma but will ship to any address in Istanbul. I thought he could send them to a BMW mechanic called Olkan, who is based in Istinye and seems to be a pretty good spanner man for if they need anything else done while there.

I just spoke to Bora, and he says he can sort out the tyres. He's waiting for a PM, but just in case here's his email address as well: boraeris@eris.com.tr

He speaks very good English.

L from here used Olkan to service his bike and he seemed satisfied. Unfortunately Olkan doesn't speak much English but as long as he knows what's what before hand there won't be any problems. Perhaps L can call him and let him know what's happening.

It's a fine hotel, guarded parking in front of hotel and a fine bar on the roof with great views:thumb2

274631241_gmSZs-M.jpg

Back
Top Bottom