2018 1290 SA S…

EVskij

Hand-crafting clients' ideas in real time
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
… developed a radiator weep…

Have not used it since October last year, finally have had a break in the cloud a bit of time to take it out the garage, so visual inspections, start it up and discovered a small puddle after the motor ran for about 15-20 minutes and reached its operating temperature. A drop develops every 10 seconds or so.

No moisture on the garage floor, so it is evident, that the leak started once motor got running and water pump shifted the contents.

Is this weep potentially terminal for the rad, or is it curable? If curable what is the best solution out there?
I am not quite ready to fork out extortionate amount of money for a new rad plus fitting.

Departing for Spain in exactly 5 weeks time, so can’t have a breakdown and let the gang down.

A major valve service is due to happen around September time. Upon inspection of the forks, the dust seals looking like they could to with being replaced as there are a fair few small splits around the perimeters of the seal below the spring retainer.

eb6477d3e9f75453fdc2fd6e4fccbee7.jpg

Have you checked the top hose into the radiator - common for these to leak from day one - on my last 1290 just needed to loosen it off and retighten.

Have you checked the top hose into the radiator - common for these to leak from day one - on my last 1290 just needed to loosen it off and retighten.
Thank you Paul for advice. I will give that a nip when I am at home.

Back
Top Bottom