2020 CB500X

y2blade

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So as those of you on my FB would have already seen that today marks the first year anniversary with my fantastic little Honda CB500X.

I bought her new on this day last year as a commuter/runabout to keep the muddy local use off the Fireblade (I live in a very rural area, tight twisting single track roads with dirt banks as passing places, so it's constantly muddy/dusty). Anyway this bike has been so good I've used her for everything even two up and longer distance stuff, the other bike hasn't had a look it, I literally used the Fireblade once last year and that was uncomfortable and hard work.

I'm Really enjoying the comfort, relaxed nature and total ease of use, plus being able to enjoy the ride while not having to worry as much about bumps, gravel and imperfections on the road surface while still having fun. I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir when I say that this style of bike is 100% more suited to my road use than sportsbikes are.

Definitely a keeper this one
:thumb2

CvJ0Onk.jpg

I've got a 2014 version, mostly used for commuting with a few UK trips. 55,000 miles and still going strong. Do fancy the newer version like yours with 19" front wheel.
69b6eff556c3573984999a5836e3dbd4.jpg

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

If you had posted this up ten years ago I'd have laughed in your face, it's funny how as time goes by things change and I find myself drawn to these and similar type bikes.

My friend has a 2020 model with some nice extras he will be selling as he has just been diagnosed with cancer if anyone is interested.

My friend has a 2020 model with some nice extras he will be selling as he has just been diagnosed with cancer if anyone is interested.

Oh shit, sorry to hear that

btw if it's not already, get it on the cb500x uk FB group, always people after them on there....he should have no problem selling it, these really are fantastic little bikes, so much better than the spec would have you believe.

I love smaller bikes, for me, our roads just make riding big fast bikes frustrating.

I couldn't agree more

Cracking pics, fella

Thank you JB

I've got a 2014 version, mostly used for commuting with a few UK trips. 55,000 miles and still going strong. Do fancy the newer version like yours with 19" front wheel.
69b6eff556c3573984999a5836e3dbd4.jpg

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Very nice,They are all cracking bikes capable of impressive mileage
I've not ridden the earlier models however those that have say the newer engine is noticeable stronger in low to midrange with a little bit more up top, as well as the change to 19" front. Clutch is ridiculously light and the ABS is very good.

I'd say definitely get a go on one if you can, see what you think of it

If you had posted this up ten years ago I'd have laughed in your face, it's funny how as time goes by things change and I find myself drawn to these and similar type bikes.

Yep, I'd have laughed in my own face tbh

I had the naked 500 as a loaner during a service! Sprightly little bike and couldn’t believe the mpg coming up on the screen! Can imagine with a screen it is awesome! Almost went for a 390 adventure but ended up with the Guzzi V85TT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

had a 500f that had 60k on it

got nc750 now but looking to buy an x500

they are ace bikes and not expensive second hand

went all over europe on mine

Got the little bike serviced this morning.
Was there early and was done straight away, fantastic service from the team at Farnham Honda and £70 cheaper than Blade Honda Abingdon wanted for the same.

fhzXvn2.jpg

I bought the same bike (black) in September. I absolutely love it. The light weight makes it very easy to handle , tank range of 250 miles + and the comfort. Got a great deal from Padgett in Batley if anyone is looking for one

Anyone moved from a F800gs to a CB500X? I'm circling, wondering about it. No solid reason for a change, just sometimes you fancy one and although I like the 800 I've not totally gelled with it. But can happily live with it if required.

Similar here with my big GS and smaller V85TT. I love the relaxed nature of the V85TT, usually it's my go-to bike. The GS is still fave for my GF, it's the only bike she likes the pillion perch. Plus some of my mates have faster bikes, so the GS is needed so I can keep "on the pace".

For solo rides, even once 330 miles in a go, the V85TT is the one I reach for.

The CB500X is a smashing bike, comfy, reliable, great fuel economy, and ideal for back road exploring. I had one for a couple of years, they have a very light clutch action and ample performance for most roads. It's difficult to fault it.

I have a 2013 one. Bloody cracking GADA bike - way more suited to real world riding for me - punches way above its weight - mostly daily commute but also weekend fun and longer trips as required. Can do it all. Would have no hesitation whatsoever on doing a trans Europe trip on it. Best thing about it is its fun to ride, like an eager puppy always wagging its tail happy to oblige. Dont see me flipping this one anytime soon.

I'm considering getting one of these to replace my Bandit 1250S which I only use for instructing. The Bandit is a great bike but is just a bit OTT for getting students through CBTs and DAS and a lighter smaller bike would be perfect for the job.

What year did they upgrade the engine and introduce the 19" front wheel?

Worth having a look at the new 2022 model, some choice upgrades... Upgraded USD forks, dual front discs and a few other nice changes.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

I'm considering getting one of these to replace my Bandit 1250S which I only use for instructing. The Bandit is a great bike but is just a bit OTT for getting students through CBTs and DAS and a lighter smaller bike would be perfect for the job.

What year did they upgrade the engine and introduce the 19" front wheel?

2019 :thumb

Back
Top Bottom