2024 Africa twin

Zoton

15mg and rising
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Might be interested in this with smaller front wheel and lower seat height.

The new Africa Twin Adventure Sports ES is something special. More mid-range torque for strong overtaking acceleration. A 19-inch front wheel, wearing a 110/80-19 tyre, lower seat height and Showa-EERA™ Electronic Suspension work together to deliver impeccable on-road handling. And, to make full use of the 24.8L fuel tank, a new fairing and screen provide wind protection for those long, enjoyable days in the saddle. Which is just what this bike is built for.

This bike is built to go long and beyond, and every update makes it big-distance ready. Showa-EERA™ Electronic Suspension offers perfect damping control, and you can swap between modes – and adjust rear spring preload – as you ride. The 19-inch front wheel delivers more front-end grip, alongside lower centre of gravity. Seat height is lower and adjustable, tool-free between 835-855mm and the seat itself has been redesigned, thicker with an 8% larger area, for the extended riding range that the 24.8L fuel tank makes possible. There’s also the comfort of 5-level height adjustable screen, heated grips, practicality of ACC and USB sockets and full connectivity to access your smartphone’s navigation apps.

Last edited:
2bf2d0934ee164fafce9c1e4d2fcc002.png

Looks a tad crap.

Cant make my mind up . They’ve given it a kind of bloated profile a bit more like the original AT or the Varadero. Preferred the one you had with its sharper looks.…… why did you ditch yours Martin?

Not sure really .
It was a bloody good bike.

The 19 inch front 18 rear look a bit odd on the ATAS 19/17 would have retained the proportions a bit? I have the 2020 ATAS and it’s a great bike and very fuel efficient. But handling wise for spirited riding it’s nowhere near as good as my 21 year old R1150GS. So I’m sure that’s what they are trying to address for road riding.

Will take a serious look at that to replace my 1250. I've already got an RD07a so it would feel at home in the garage. It'll depend if me and her fit it without being squashed together. That the 1300 is supposedly "more compact" is a turn off for us, we like the room on the 1250.

Will take a serious look at that to replace my 1250. I've already got an RD07a so it would feel at home in the garage. It'll depend if me and her fit it without being squashed together. That the 1300 is supposedly "more compact" is a turn off for us, we like the room on the 1250.
When I swapped from a hexhead GSA to my 2017 AT, my wife stated it felt no different, space wise. She's slim and I aren't really tosser sized (but she is adamant they are very similar) I still have both....the AT and the wife.(y)

I was glad to be rid of the AT1100 I had. Nice they addressed one of the problems I had with it by switching to tubeless wheels, and stronger a mid-range is always appreciated.

If they’re accepting that most don’t see much in the way of affroad use, and that fitting a 19” front wheel makes them more road useable, then why not go the whole hog and fit cast alloy wheels too. Or heavens forbid, two different models or the option to spec what you want….. but hey it’s honda, when did they ever do that??

There is the NT1100 for proper road only use. They've twigged that people will pay a premium for the Adv bike look. Most would actually find the NT better suited....like the GS riders would find the r1250r a better all round bike....but it doesnt have the "kudos" I suppose

My wife has just trader her AT1100 Super Adventure in, too heavy to lift with her damaged arm.
We tried lifting the new bike in the showroom, felt much easier but still too heavy.

Standard AT1100ES. :drool

Attachments

• IMG_5379.jpeg
    IMG_5379.jpeg
    178.1 KB · Views: 29
Had a chance to test new (I mean brand new, 4 miles on the clock) 2024 CRF1100L on the first this year Honda Adventure Centre training at the beginning of March. I wanted DCT and got the DCT ES version to bash on the Dartmoor tracks :p It was all good fun and bike didn't miss a bit.

1711714953629.jpeg

1711715014431.jpeg

1711715040119.jpeg

1711715077746.jpeg

1711715100194.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom