2026 RE Flying Flea

I have often wondered how many of the airdropped ‘Flea’ motorcycles:

A. Landed anywhere near their target dropping zone.

B. Landed in anything like one piece.
A guy I bought and sold a bike off had two original Flea’s. One was in a cage the bikes were dropped in. He couldn’t find one intact per Richards comment above, so he found the engineering drawings and had it built out of steel tube.
 
A guy I bought and sold a bike off had two original Flea’s. One was in a cage the bikes were dropped in. He couldn’t find one intact per Richards comment above, so he found the engineering drawings and had it built out of steel tube.
Is this your mates bike and cage?

 
Popped into Bill Smiths ( RE dealer in Chester) to ask when they/ we would see Fleas in the wild, as I had an itch to scratch. Sales guy advised late Dec but more likely Jan27.

However he said there would be no showroom models as all their allocation was sold through. Seems odd to me, the best way to flog a bike is for folk to see it , sit on it , persuade the other half then order one. Thats not going to happen if they stealthly arrive and get shipped straight to their customers.

Contrast that with what Triumph did with the Speed 400 in 2023/4. The shipped two complete bikes around all the dealers on nominated dates taking lots of pre sales based on the two “ mules”. As a result they had a brilliant start with the Speed being the top selling middle weight bike for quite a few months.
 
Popped into Bill Smiths ( RE dealer in Chester) to ask when they/ we would see Fleas in the wild, as I had an itch to scratch. Sales guy advised late Dec but more likely Jan27.

However he said there would be no showroom models as all their allocation was sold through. Seems odd to me, the best way to flog a bike is for folk to see it , sit on it , persuade the other half then order one. Thats not going to happen if they stealthly arrive and get shipped straight to their customers.

Contrast that with what Triumph did with the Speed 400 in 2023/4. The shipped two complete bikes around all the dealers on nominated dates taking lots of pre sales based on the two “ mules”. As a result they had a brilliant start with the Speed being the top selling middle weight bike for quite a few months.
And both bikes are built in India!
Triumph got their marketing mainly right with the 400 series, but they got their demographic wrong. They assumed a lot of younger riders would buy it, but in reality it was the older rider that bought them ( according to my local Triumph dealer). I took one out when my Tiger was being serviced, and was pleasantly surprised with it.
Enfield may have got their marketing right also. Create a desirability factor or even curiosity factor and people will want one, hence all the first batch are sold. Look at Rolex; have a desirable model, create a waiting list, and the desirability goes up! ( though you could probably buy 4 fleas for the price of one watch!).
 
And both bikes are built in India!
Triumph got their marketing mainly right with the 400 series, but they got their demographic wrong. They assumed a lot of younger riders would buy it, but in reality it was the older rider that bought them ( according to my local Triumph dealer). I took one out when my Tiger was being serviced, and was pleasantly surprised with it.
Enfield may have got their marketing right also. Create a desirability factor or even curiosity factor and people will want one, hence all the first batch are sold. Look at Rolex; have a desirable model, create a waiting list, and the desirability goes up! ( though you could probably buy 4 fleas for the price of one watch!).
Your Rolex flea index is probably skewed a bit with current Lolex pricing I recon 2-2.5 Flea’s per Sub or GMT 🤣🤣. ( stainless of course not PM)
 
I saw 3 colour variants last night at Krazy Horse Bike Night. They look well put together and I like the quirky looks. I think they will sell well. Not for me, but I can see an attraction for others.
 
Last edited:


Back
Top Bottom