26+6=1. Or 2, depending. Alternatively: In search of a Hufflepuff.

So, Ring of Kerry? Tick (again).
As mentioned by myself and J.B. it's become a victim of it's own popularity - however all is not lost.
At Cahersiveen Phil decided to go direct to the digs while I carried on with our original plan; it's becoming patently obvious that the best he can manage in my company is about 5 hours and that's despite the fact that we have no intercom connectivity in our respective crash helmets. :ROFLMAO:

My route took me from Glenbeigh to Glencar then down to Blackwater Bridge and it was terrific.
View attachment 535394

f you're in this neck of the woods and you like slow, single-track routes I'd recommend it, this area is twinned with Glencoe and it's easy to see why.

View attachment 535398

View attachment 535399

View attachment 535400View attachment 535402
And in the end I actually ended up on the same pass!
 
Yesterday (Saturday) morning I went on a ride led by Jockser which took us through some fabulous scenery, no photos as I was enjoying myself too much.
We had a coffee break at 1130 and met Melody and some other lovely locals.

1000088764.jpg

1000088776.jpg
 
At this point I dropped off the organised rode and went back to the hotel to pick up Phil who'd decided to have a relaxed morning.
We did a nice loop for a couple of hours then headed back to the excellent hotel for a short walk then tea.

1000088778.jpg
1000088780.jpg

1000088785.jpg
 
Today's plan was to do Croagh Patrick but the weather had put paid to that so I've had a very relaxed morning chatting to some wonderful people, many of them long standing Tossers and what a delightful crowd of people they are.
 

You've got Moneypoint Power Station in the background. I used to go there a lot with work. If you're looking at this on your phone, zoom in on the old photo I took below, you'll see how they get the coal from the corners of the hold, to be able to use the grab on the crane.

030312 ESB Ship 01.JPG
 
Excellent trip report Bill, and great to meet you in person!

I seem to have brought the Irish weather home with me yesterday as it’s been pissing down all morning here! :rolleyes:

Hope you both have a safe journey back.

ATB
Toddy
 
Thanks Toddy, right back atchya Comrade.
There are still a couple of loose threads to tie up.
 
Excellent thanks, he's wearing the official uniform of the time:-
A broad black brimmer with it's ribbons frayed and torn
By the careless whisk of many's a mountain breeze
An old trench coat that's all battle-stained and worn
And breeches almost threadbare at the knees
A Sam Browne belt with the buckle big and strong
And a holster that's been empty many's a day.
 
Last edited:
Apologies for the delay Bill, only seeing your query regarding the Broad Majestic Shannon now

Location is Kilbarron Village, Co Tipperary :

The local tourist office have a leaflet / map for a Shane tour which they'll send you if you're interested :

Cross of Finnoe is also part of it :

Both locations sent to me by the bould GerryC :thumb
 


Back
Top Bottom