50 / 50 split on the NC500 between locals and vistors offending

Interesting that folk in campervans are not involved in accidents. I bet the cause a fair few , as the article states locals are frustrated by them. Last time I was caught for speeding was overtaking a dodderer in a campervan who couldnt decide whether to stop or go.
 
Interesting that folk in campervans are not involved in accidents. I bet the cause a fair few , as the article states locals are frustrated by them. Last time I was caught for speeding was overtaking a dodderer in a campervan who couldnt decide whether to stop or go.
It’s not just camper vans doddering. I overtook a Porsche in my motorhome going up Glen Shiel. The silly old fool driving it had absolutely no idea that he was holding traffic up. Perhaps using your logic it’s Porsche drivers causing accidents?
 
I overtook a doddering or is it bimbling (or bumbling) motorcyclist or two, whilst driving an eight metre motorhome. I also saw a twerp bikermate very nearly become strawberry jam across the front of an oncoming articulated lorry. Never become the meat in a sandwich. Why not, mate? Because the meat is dead, mate.

Yup, all on the NC500.

:beerjug:
 
I overtook a doddering or is it bimbling (or bumbling) motorcyclist or two, whilst driving an eight metre motorhome. I also saw a twerp bikermate very nearly become strawberry jam across the front of an oncoming articulated lorry. Never become the meat in a sandwich. Why not, mate? Because the meat is dead, mate.

Yup, all on the NC500.

:beerjug:
Didn't know you'd been that far oop north 🤔
 
I was out last year on the R1250R, single track road heading west for Loch Shin.
Passing place on MY side of the road, woman in hire car heading towards me, I slowed and pulled into passing place....silly bint drove into same passing place, how we missed each other I dont know.
Bloody tourists have no idea how to drive on single track roads.
 
When I was in the job there would be complaints made in certain villages or areas about speeding offences , you could guarantee that when speed traps or extra patrols were put in the area that well over 50% of those caught for offences were from that very town or village or estate . They always came up with the line that it is not locals who speed but people from outside the area .

Prime example for anyone who knows the area were the residents of Darras Hall Estate who loved complaining about "townies speeding in their village " but were by far the worst offenders and were mortified when they got caught .
 


Back
Top Bottom