701 Enduro, is this a new accessory for 2024 ?

It's the 701 with the accessory tank.

Fitted the same to mine :thumb2

The tank and all the necessary fittings are available from Husqvarna as an accessory.

I bought mine from Gear4motorcycles.

9CEB192D-5276-4628-8483-2DCD7055296A_1_201_a.jpeg9B47EF19-81CF-4396-ABBE-6FA054C817E0_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:
The twin tank LR was sold in 2020.

f8c6b4ae57a865a5bbbf4f0fd909d351.png

ef1590f767e9cffced9927fb6a85356e.png

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Thetwatcantalk

I like the look of this, with the additional tank (ignoring the price for a moment). Is the tank a new accessory, or has it been an option for a while ?

As said above - since 2020 it is a kit only - see here https://www.amsmoto.co.uk/additional-fuel-tank-kit-3

The more cost effective solution would be the auxiliary tank from Rade garage which replaces the air box and keeps the original lines of the bike https://www.radegarage.com/parts/husqvarna-701-auxilliary-tank/

That said a standard 701 is still good for 130 to 150 miles on a full tank so not really a major problem :)

Reference the price of the bike in your OP - it is not actually bad as it is a lot less than the list price of a new 701 plus the tank kit at say £1,500 and the power parts screen, bash plate and rack. There is some significant labour involved in fitting the tank.

Last edited:
Thanks all, looks great although your point on range @Paul S is interesting as 130+ is pretty good ! (My sports bike just about managed that).

I will get a lighter bike in 2024 alongside mine.... 701/690 are front runners at the moment. Looks like an update due in 2025 but don't fancy waiting that long.

The only other consideration with them doing the conversion is whether they supply all the bits to convert it back again so that you can sell separately if desired. As Paul has mentioned if you price up the bits, its not bad value.

they aren't bad on juice being only a single cylinder, ive had over 170 miles on a tank on my 690, Nottingham and back from Leeds on the motorway for a service. Not the best environment for the bike but it was fun. The aftermarket mini screen helps in a big way but it's a far from sumptuous seat and youre in the elements, is OK though. It's a lovely playful thing to ride and very light compared to 1200cc bikes and you can really rag it about, and it's quick when you do.

they aren't bad on juice being only a single cylinder, ive had over 170 miles on a tank on my 690, Nottingham and back from Leeds on the motorway for a service. Not the best environment for the bike but it was fun. The aftermarket mini screen helps in a big way but it's a far from sumptuous seat and youre in the elements, is OK though. It's a lovely playful thing to ride and very light compared to 1200cc bikes and you can really rag it about, and it's quick when you do.

Strangely enough the 690R has a slightly larger tank (nearly a litre) compared to the 701 and so should go about 10 miles further on a tank :)

Strangely enough the 690R has a slightly larger tank (nearly a litre) compared to the 701 and so should go about 10 miles further on a tank :)
didn't know that Paul (y)

There was an official LR edition of the 701 avaliable a few years ago with that tank fitted from the factory. There was a thread about it in here.

Most dealers don't know this either, but the specs sheet hows a difference :)

It handles very well with those tyres but would be even better with the super moto wheels and tyres. Cracking bike though! View attachment 291861
My comment was a little tongue in cheek, I guess thats the fun of these bikes, they can do a good impression of a supermoto whilst being awesome on trails. Im still stunned how a bike with a 21" front can handle on the road with the right setup.

I do sometimes think about selling and getting a 701 Supermoto cos my days off off roading are gone, then I have a day out on it and wow!

I do sometimes think about selling and getting a 701 Supermoto cos my days off off roading are gone, then I have a day out on it and wow!
I did sit on the 701 supermoto before I got my 690 enduro, it might have been lowered but the guy said not, it was noticeably lower presumably because of the smaller wheels, it felt too low for me at over 6'.

Back
Top Bottom