Accommodation or a base in the Lake Como area

My experience of the Enzian may now be out of date, but having stayed there for a week, while there is nothing wrong with it, I would go somewhere else another time.
The northern end of Como is less busy than the very popular middle and south.

My experience of the Enzian may now be out of date, but having stayed there for a week, while there is nothing wrong with it, I would go somewhere else another time.
The northern end of Como is less busy than the very popular middle and south.
Thank you for your advice

Try Huonder House on booking .com . It's in lecco, secure parking, fantastic apartment, great hosts and walking distance to promenade/lake. Easy run to Mandello as well. Highly recommended.
Thanks for the tip however they did not have availability for the dates I need mid September

If you are relying on what booking.com says, don't forget that hotels don't put all their availability on there, always worth a phone/email...

I prefer to use Google maps as my first screening tool. You can set your dates and it then shows vacant rooms and the prices on the map. It compares the different booking sites and often has the rate going direct to the hotel, which might have availability not released to the robbing bastards at the booking agents. You can then check the location on Streetview in most places and it usually gives you website and phone details to make direct contact easier if needed.

We had a very enjoyable stay at the "Hotel du Lac" in Menaggio, but that was over 10 years ago now.
Mark

I prefer to use Google maps as my first screening tool. You can set your dates and it then shows vacant rooms and the prices on the map. It compares the different booking sites and often has the rate going direct to the hotel, which might have availability not released to the robbing bastards at the booking agents. You can then check the location on Streetview in most places and it usually gives you website and phone details to make direct contact easier if needed.
Likewise Wessie, we did the same when looking for hotels

Back
Top Bottom