Add a date in a Kurviger route - how?

Popell

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Planning routes using, initially, Kurviger (quicker to recalc than Basecamp, at least on my pc)
Question, how do I assign a date that I need to be at a certain waypoint on Kurviger, easy to do on Basecamp.

It may not be possible but each route has a date which is obs the date it was created, anyone triedit/found a way to do it?

I am not sure that you can in Kurviger.

If you can’t, drop the file into BaseCamp and do it there, perhaps?

Thanks Richard, I searched the Kurviger help pages and googled too with no success, seems a shame.
Looks like scheduling will have to wait 'til tx to Basecamp, thanks for taking the time to respond

No problem, at all.

Drop the GPX files into MyRoute, which will also add stopover / departure dates / times.

Good idea, my route seems to work pretty speedily, so far I created a route in my route and exported as a gpx into base camp, this gave me a good track(some 6k+ points) but it wouldn’t recalc the route and straight lined between just start and finish, more practice needed there I think.

I will try the gpx from kurviger into my route.

Off topic slightly, any idea if the lifetime navigation next subscription allows any additional functionality on pc over the free version?

There are a couple of ways to create a route from a track in Basecamp. But if you create it directly from a track using the motorcycling profile it will give you a start and finish and hidden shaping points. If you go off route it will take you directly to the finish point and you will miss the roads on the track. To overcome this change the profile on the map page from motorcycling to direct then convert the track to a route. A dialog box will open asking how many shaping points you want. So say one every two or three miles. Put this number in and create the route. The route will be little straight lines. To get this to snap to the roads change the profile back to motorcycling and recalculate. The route will now follow the road, give turn by turn directions and take you to the next shaping point if you miss a turn rather than to the end of the route. I put an explanation here with pictures.

I usually add a few waypoints to the converted route for stops etc. Also you can just rubber band the route over the track. But for me this takes longer. The direct method takes longer to explain than do!

There are a couple of ways to create a route from a track in Basecamp. But if you create it directly from a track using the motorcycling profile it will give you a start and finish and hidden shaping points. If you go off route it will take you directly to the finish point and you will miss the roads on the track. To overcome this change the profile on the map page from motorcycling to direct then convert the track to a route. A dialog box will open asking how many shaping points you want. So say one every two or three miles. Put this number in and create the route. The route will be little straight lines. To get this to snap to the roads change the profile back to motorcycling and recalculate. The route will now follow the road, give turn by turn directions and take you to the next shaping point if you miss a turn rather than to the end of the route. I put an explanation here with pictures.

I usually add a few waypoints to the converted route for stops etc. Also you can just rubber band the route over the track. But for me this takes longer. The direct method takes longer to explain than do!
I don't know how you discovered this Mzokk but that is pure gold!, thanks I'll give it a go

I can't take credit for it I read it somewhere a few years ago after struggling with going off piste (as i oftern do) with converted tracks.

Back
Top Bottom