AGV Tourmodular

Neil W

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Early days as yet but did 100 miles or so this morning trying out my new AGV Tourmodular helmet.

To cut a long story short after a number of Schuberth lids over the past 20 years (C2,C3, C3pro x2 ,S1 pro ) which always fitted well the new C5 in my normal size was like a bucket and no amount of jiggery pokery with alternative linings was ever going to make it fit well , the next size down was far too small , the fit was very much the same as the C4 and C4 pro lids I tried in the past.

Neotec 2 was tried and the XL fitted but was a little on the loose side and would just get worse with wear , the size L was again too small.

The Tourmodular was a perfect fit for me . like my old C3 Pro but with a bit more room around the ears , initial impressions when out were very good , the venting both the 3 chin vents and the large top vent were flowing a lot of air (much more so than the C3 pro) .
The visor is very good with a wide field of vision and the pinlock works with no sign of steaming up with the visor closed , also the visor has a positive lock mechanism which also acts as a positive stop when riding with the visor just cracked open, the internal drop down sun visor is as good if not better than my C3pro .

The helmet is light for an XL lid and the shell seems appreciably more rigid than my old lid and the Neotec and C5 (on all of them I could put the helmets on while wearing my glasses as the shell flexes when pulling it outwards and down over my ears ), with the AGV there is no flex and I have to take off my glasses to put on and remove the lid .

Helmet finish is good , if you rate the C5 and Neotec as a 10 out of 10 I would say that the AGV is an easy 9.0 to 9.5 so no complaints there , it features the second anti roll off strap the same as the Schuberth and it has the new safety certification the same as the C5.

Perhaps not the best bike to test it on (R1150GS with standard screen and its normal buffeting problems ) but it was still no noisier than my older C3Pro , I will have a run out next week on the r1250gsa and the ktm 1090 to try it out on less "buffety bikes " but so far definitely so good and a credible alternative to the C5 and Neotec 2 especially as it was reduced from £499 to £382 in a sale and therefore £167 cheaper than either the C5 or Neotec 2 .

So if you are in the market for a new quality flip front I reckon the AGV is well worth having a look at .

Just adding a big thumbs up for Infinity in York for taking the time to show me all three lids in alternative sizes and not trying to just push the most expensive option and when I decided that I wanted the AGV and they did not have the colour I wanted they ordered the correct one for me on Monday and then rang me on Tuesday afternoon to let me know that it was in stock and then again on Wednesday morning to let me know it had been despatched ( f.O.C) and gave me the tracking number, the helmet was with me by 10 am on Thursday morning

Absolutely brilliant lid. My wife bought one and loved it, especially since AGV’s comms is a Cardo Packtalk rather than the Sena that other manufacturers are using.

I bought a Shoei Neotec 2 but didn’t get on with it, despite previously loving my Neotec 1. The Shoei really hurt my ears when wearing plugs. After under 1,000 miles I decided to give the Tourmodular a go. Really glad I did. For me it is quieter than the Shoei and tons more comfortable.

I’ve just got back from doing 600 miles since Friday and even in this weather, topping out at 30 degrees, I found the ventilation spot on. The sun visor is fantastic and the field of view is much greater than with the Neotec.

Comms worked as good as my previous Packtalk Bold, but with the advantage that it doesn’t stick out of the side and create extra noise. The big winner over the Packtalk Bold though is the battery life. We’ve been doing 200 mile days and not turning them off during stops, yet getting back to the hotel with 75% battery remaining. With my Packtalk I’d have to charge at lunch to make it home before it died or annoyed me with low battery warnings.

Well done 1300 miles in the last 5 days in temps up to 34 degrees C and ghe helmet is proving to be very comfortable and the venting works as well as it can be expected to in these temperatures

I might look into one of these. I am sort of in the market for a new helmet. I currently have a 4 1/2 year old Schuberth C4 Pro that I will replace soon. Having tried the C5 Pro, I don't really like it and I don't want to buy a Neotec II.

So I am kind of waiting for the Neotec III to come along to see what that is like. But the AGV might be a good option.

I might look into one of these. I am sort of in the market for a new helmet. I currently have a 4 1/2 year old Schuberth C4 Pro that I will replace soon. Having tried the C5 Pro, I don't really like it and I don't want to buy a Neotec II.

So I am kind of waiting for the Neotec III to come along to see what that is like. But the AGV might be a good

So I am kind of waiting for the Neotec III to come along to see what that is like. But the AGV might be a good option.

With me it was entirely initially down to fit but seems to be a good choice

Just back from a 2600 mile tour in the Alps, helmet has been faultless with superb ventilation whether it be at temps of 18 degrees or up to 37 degrees, helmet is very stable at speed and as quiet as my old C3 pro.

When we had heavy rain there was absoltely no misting issues and the visor clarity is excellent.

Used the helmet a coupe of times since October , once a 100 mile ride in temps down to -4 degrees C and the second a 200 mile plus trip in temps around freezing (neither through choice and it was brilliant with no fogging of the visor or draughts

Back
Top Bottom