Wanted Airhead Carb Synching Tool.

k80matey

I'm too poor to buy rubbish.
UKGSer Subscriber
Joined
Nov 22, 2011
Messages
876
Reaction score
49
Location
Blairgowrie Perthshire
I have an R100s, R60/5 and an R45. All of the carbs need to be stripped and rebuilt.
Looking for a calibration tool.
Any recommendations and any for sale?
Thanks.
 
You can make your own manometer which will do the job. The fluid you use is important from memory. There may be a thread onnthe forum about it if you do a search. I've used a twin max which was average and found a home made manometer to be more accurate but its been a while since I used one.
Ideally you want an old carb tune but they are like rocking horse shit. Alternatively try and find a pair of quality calibrated vac gauges and make your own.
 
You can make your own manometer which will do the job. The fluid you use is important from memory. There may be a thread onnthe forum about it if you do a search. I've used a twin max which was average and found a home made manometer to be more accurate but its been a while since I used one.
Ideally you want an old carb tune but they are like rocking horse shit. Alternatively try and find a pair of quality calibrated vac gauges and make your own.
Thanks for the info!
 
I’ve got a Twinmax and a Carbtune and they’re both good at the job.

The Carbtune has to be used upside down which is a bit strange. Just relies on vacuum.

The Twinmax has adjustable sensitivity to help you home in on a good setting. Needs a PP9 battery to power it.

On balance, I prefer the Twinmax for its accuracy.
 
I’ve got a Twinmax and a Carbtune and they’re both good at the job.

The Carbtune has to be used upside down which is a bit strange. Just relies on vacuum.

The Twinmax has adjustable sensitivity to help you home in on a good setting. Needs a PP9 battery to power it.

On balance, I prefer the Twinmax for its accuracy.
Thanks, useful info.
 


Back
Top Bottom