Another mystery trip involving many wheels!

Interesting.
Got a notification from Monzo today that my card was used on the Milan metro today to the tune of 1.30 euros.
My phone, card, and person are all in Scotland.
So automatic query via Monzo app, card blocked and await!
It's not much but small transactions via cards can often be the precursor of a bigger theft...don't need the card for a while so lets see...

Turn of data roaming after leaving port, use ship board wifi, otherwise you will be in for a nasty shock being charged for Maritime cell coverage, it is very expensive, if your phone does updates overnight, or other data, it is a bit of a shock when you get your next phone bill.

But I'm sure all the seasoned travelers already know.

It won't take too many guesses to know how I know :blast

Interesting.
Got a notification from Monzo today that my card was used on the Milan metro today to the tune of 1.30 euros.
My phone, card, and person are all in Scotland.
So automatic query via Monzo app, card blocked and await!
It's not much but small transactions via cards can often be the precursor of a bigger theft...don't need the card for a while so lets see...
You've done the right thing.

Yes, that's exactly what seems to happen (small charge, almost innocuous, then a walloping on your card).

I am now on my 3rd HSBC credit card since the start this year, just because of this technique and me reporting immediately. (The joys of international travel!)

Started reading this report when you started the trip . . . . forgot about it and have now read it all.

(y)Excellent write up, pictures and humour - thanks for sharing (y)

Back
Top Bottom