Any help? Injector icon and EWS after a couple of tries.

abhi

Reaction score
  • When I recorded the side stand was down, I got the same with the side stand up, too.
  • The bike was fine when I rode it and parked it.
  • I had left the DIN USB in the socket. (if that matters. I usually never leave it on there)
    • The headlight and rear light work, but the horn/ indicators do not.
I did read through the forum, and this is the classic phut phut sound that @Wapping describes here:
But the OP of that post had his bike come back to life, so no idea what happened in that case.

I am guessing it's the battery, and I need to figure out how to charge it up, as I don't have the tools here.

Any help will be welcome; I did not want to resurrect that old post.

Could be a number of things

Battery is your first port of call -

Followed by starter motor

Without a good battery your not going to be able to go much further

So you either get it recovered and the battery replaced / recharged

or

The following is at your own risk, and i did not give any advice or take any reponsibility for you actions

I have heard mythical tales that state

A car battery and jump leads to your bike battery following the correct plarity - leave for 10 seconds and press the starter

Others will say you run the risk of frying your ECU , and not to do it

I guess its a case of how much do you need the bike running

Thank you, will give it a go and report back. 🤞

When you say headlight works. I guess you mean the sidelight only. The main headlight doesn't come on until the engine starts. If it's on them something else is going on with that.
How long did you leave the din plug in for. It's possible it's drained the battery over a long period of time. Short term it shouldn't unless the battery is really knackered.

This is how it is when I turn on the key. Without starting it up.
1847f51dce0c40c6f839bd5112e7ed5e.jpg

This is how it is when I turn on the key. Without starting it up.
1847f51dce0c40c6f839bd5112e7ed5e.jpg
That's normal, afaik
It will drain the battery if you leave it like that without the engine running
!;)

Yes, I just turned it on for this picture. :)
I have found a battery tender, but the lights aren't appearing on the battery tender. Neither yellow or green or any colour. So not sure about that.

The bike was working all good, till it wasn't. It would be scary if this were to happen while on a trip.

Let me see how it goes will leave it on for a few hours.

---

When you say headlight works. I guess you mean the sidelight only. The main headlight doesn't come on until the engine starts. If it's on them something else is going on with that.
How long did you leave the din plug in for. It's possible it's drained the battery over a long period of time. Short term it shouldn't unless the battery is really knackered.
I left the din USB adapter on it since last Monday, so a week.

Last edited:
The following is at your own risk, and i did not give any advice or take any reponsibility for you actions

I have heard mythical tales that state

A car battery and jump leads to your bike battery following the correct plarity - leave for 10 seconds and press the starter

Others will say you run the risk of frying your ECU , and not to do it

I guess its a case of how much do you need the bike running
On previous bike, I have used a car battery as a jump start, in my case it was a spare standalone battery. Same as using one on a car AS LONG ASTHE ENGINE IS NOT RUNNING, 12 volts is 12 volts, it did no damage and the bike started fine.
From memory the dip headlight should not be on without engine running, little pilot light only. You may have other problems, but a discharged battery (from your usb thingy) will give perculiar symptoms.

I might be wrong but if you have the Din adaptor plugged in, the bike wont go to sleep, and it keeps the Din circuit live

Have you got a GS911 you can do a code scan ( and charge your battery as well)

On previous bike, I have used a car battery as a jump start, in my case it was a spare standalone battery. Same as using one on a car AS LONG ASTHE ENGINE IS NOT RUNNING, 12 volts is 12 volts, it did no damage and the bike started fine.
From memory the dip headlight should not be on without engine running, little pilot light only. You may have other problems, but a discharged battery (from your usb thingy) will give perculiar symptoms.
Yes just checked on mine - only sidelight until the engine starts - I'll check again in the morning as it may be governed by the ambient sensor

Yes just checked on mine - only sidelight until the engine starts - I'll check again in the morning as it may be governed by the ambient sensor
My headlight has never been on until the engine starts. The only way you can keep it on is to leave the ignition on and turn the engine off with the kill switch. Quite handy for putting up a tent in the dark.

I left it on the charger for a while but not sure if any of that worked. Will need to get a GS911 at some point.
Will probably call it in for now as this is my only mode of personal transport.

I left it on the charger for a while but not sure if any of that worked. Will need to get a GS911 at some point.
Will probably call it in for now as this is my only mode of personal transport.
£60.00 for a new battery first if I were you. It could be that simple. less than an hour's labour with a dealer.

Thank you closing the loop on this one with what worked for me in this case.
Thank you for the suggestion - new Yussa battery. The bikes fine now and hope it remains that way for a long time. Tested over 10 km on a mix of highway and inner roads
- BMW diagnostics run for good measure at the shop as I was seeing other icons on the dash earlier. 30 EUR. Nothing found and the icons don't appear for now.

Back
Top Bottom