Anyone got a set of low shocks for 2005 GS?

steadyeddie

Registered user
Joined
Mar 10, 2009
Messages
55
Reaction score
2
Location
Enniskillen, Northern Ireland
Well I went and got another GS, late 2005 with 75k miles and no service history, but it was cheap and came with a receipt for 1400 quid for a new clutch. Not long back from a week in Scotland, including two days of torrential rain , never missed a beat. Only issue I have is that it’s a bit tall, previous owner said shocks were ‘reconditioned’, but he had no paperwork. There’s red springs on them. Bike rides vary well, but sits higher than other GS’s that I have sat on. So I’m wondering if anyone has a pair of lowered shocks that they would be willing to swap for my apparently standard ones? Or sell for a reasonable price? I had a couple of nervous moments in gravelly laybyes in Scotland, life would be easier if the old girl was a bit lower. And maybe 50 kilos lighter, but we’ll not go there just now.
 
Well I went and got another GS, late 2005 with 75k miles and no service history, but it was cheap and came with a receipt for 1400 quid for a new clutch. Not long back from a week in Scotland, including two days of torrential rain , never missed a beat. Only issue I have is that it’s a bit tall, previous owner said shocks were ‘reconditioned’, but he had no paperwork. There’s red springs on them. Bike rides vary well, but sits higher than other GS’s that I have sat on. So I’m wondering if anyone has a pair of lowered shocks that they would be willing to swap for my apparently standard ones? Or sell for a reasonable price? I had a couple of nervous moments in gravelly laybyes in Scotland, life would be easier if the old girl was a bit lower. And maybe 50 kilos lighter, but we’ll not go there just now.
send them to denzo,

he can lower them for you
 
Red springs are hagon springs

I got my spring upgraded about six years ago because I am a big guy.

I’ve a standard spring I’ll never use if any use to you
 
Red springs are hagon springs

I got my spring upgraded about six years ago because I am a big guy.

I’ve a standard spring I’ll never use if any use to you
Thanks for the offer of the spring, I might take you up on that. I've had a look at the shocks on the bike and they have a sticker from T-Tech Suspension, dated 9th Month 2022. Bike has only done a couple of thousand miles since 2022 and rides great, but I phoned T Tech and the guy said that the springs were for a 100KG rider, I would be 70KG. He also said that
they could refurb the shocks and fit lower springs for something around £350, so I might get that done over the winter. Or I might learn to live with the bike being a bit on the high side. Decisions, Decisions.
 


Back
Top Bottom