Anyone have a Vango Stelvio?

Moose1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hey Chaps!

Looking to pick up a tent with good head height and was Checking in here If anyone had a Stelvio or could recommend a similar tent.

Cannot afford redverz or lonel rider etc..

I saw a reasonable Robens Greencone which also looked like it would fit the bill

TiA

Moose

Hey Chaps!

Looking to pick up a tent with good head height and was Checking in here If anyone had a Stelvio or could recommend a similar tent.

Cannot afford redverz or lonel rider etc..

I saw a reasonable Robens Greencone which also looked like it would fit the bill

TiA

Moose
I've had a stelvio for a few of years; they came with alloy poles on the earlier ones like mine; or fibreglass on the newer models which was a bit cheaper and a little heavier; but not much; me and the Mrs have done 2wks at the TT with no problems in the past; it was light enough and small enough to take on the bike; was straight forward to put up and pack down; and stood up to wind and rain well , the porch area was also big enough to sit in and cook in when the weather turned. On the negetive side ; the sleeping area is'nt massive but copes well ; but with only having a side door into the main tent you do have to climb over each other to get out unless you use the small exit straight to the outside. I have a few pictures of ours all set up but with the new format on this site i can't post the pictures.
Long story short; they're a decent tent.

Last edited:
Cheers Snelly, should fit the bill. No worries about clamouring over the missus. She wouldn't go near the bike in the first place!

Cheers Snelly, should fit the bill. No worries about clamouring over the missus. She wouldn't go near the bike in the first place!
Ha!

Did you get a vango stelvio?

I’ve been looking for one (or the vango turini / vango tour as they all seem to be the same tent) but can’t find any in stock anywhere!

Ha!

Did you get a vango stelvio?

I’ve been looking for one (or the vango turini / vango tour as they all seem to be the same tent) but can’t find any in stock anywhere!
No not yet but found only stockist was these guys -

No not yet but found only stockist was these guys -

Yeah found that one - and says in stock…but no button to purchase or to add to basket and pay.

Messaged them a while back but had no response.

Still deciding on which one to get . The Robens greencone looks good to but expensive.

Will wait until the new season.
have you had a tepee tent before? I had one and did not like it at all. In the morning as soon as you zip up the door, if not careful you get an awful lot of dew, rain, early morning moist inside the tent, I used it once and sold it str8 away........just my experience .....

Ended up buying a Vango Voyager 400. Cheap as chips (€50 from Amazon Italy) and tested last weekend on a trip to Kilkenny.

Vango Voyager review (Not mine)

I did a dry run set up at home to link the inner and outer together before the trip. Set up is 10-15 minutes if this is done.
Good amount of space for one and could easily situp on the camp bed without hitting the inner "roof".

Supplied bag is oversize to allow you to stuff it in when packing away. Goes over the pillion seat and same width as my Givi V56 pannier so a good overall size to have on the bike.

(Previous tent was a Vango Scimitar 200 which fit in a Givi E360 pannier no problem).

Would recommend.

Attachments

• 20240322_154826.jpg
    20240322_154826.jpg
    353.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 20240323_190342.jpg
    20240323_190342.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 29

Back
Top Bottom