Battery trickle charger/tender query (on a Vespa)

430dxd

Member
UKGSer Subscriber
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
80
Reaction score
3
Location
Norfolk
I recently bought a used Vespa GTS 300 from a Kawasaki dealer, .. when I looked underneath I found a cable plug which looks like it may be connected to the battery and would plug into a battery trickle charger/tender, .... Unfortunately the plug doesn't fit any of the battery chargers in my garage. I would be very grateful if any would let me know if they recognise the connecter.

many thanks

IMG_9109.jpegIMG_9108.jpegIMG_9107.jpegIMG_9106.jpeg
 
It looks like some kind of variant of a JST or TM connector.

It might be easier to buy a new cheap trickle charger with a new lead, than to find whatever did connect to it.
 
I agree - It's a NOCO X-Connect.

If you haven't got access to a NOCO charger, SAE adapters are available (EBay/Amazon).

Alternatively either switch the whole lead for whatever system you have or lop off the NOCO female connector & fit an SAE/TM or whatever. Optimate, perhaps the most commonly available charger used TM connectors (aka KET) originally & switched to SAE around 2012.

BTW, make sure your charger is compatible with the battery technology in play.
 
Before cutting it off.....

Don't just cut it,make sure you disconnect it first or the wiring will go bang...
 


Back
Top Bottom