belgium / germany road racing calendar required

adventuredon

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all, I need to be in Aachen, Germany for 16 Aug for a wedding. I am thinking of leaving Calais around 13 Aug. Is there a calendar of road racing events that are either nearby or en route that I could take in? I can amend my dates either side. I know it is a quick jaunt using motorways but I prefer scenic routes and things to do. So any racing etc along a similar route, timeline welcomed?

Go a bit earlier and do Horice. They actually race through parts of the town and away from the Isle of Man it’s the best road racing I’ve ever seen.

Camping is available about a mile out of town but within 1/4 mile of part of the circuit or you might strike lucky with a hotel in the town centre, we’ve done both and to be honest it’s just as good on the campsite because you walk through the park they use as a paddock to get to the town centre.

It’s on the calendar link Wapping has posted and it’s a steady 2 day ride from Calais.

Go a bit earlier and do Horice. They actually race through parts of the town and away from the Isle of Man it’s the best road racing I’ve ever seen.

Camping is available about a mile out of town but within 1/4 mile of part of the circuit or you might strike lucky with a hotel in the town centre, we’ve done both and to be honest it’s just as good on the campsite because you walk through the park they use as a paddock to get to the town centre.

It’s on the calendar link Wapping has posted and it’s a steady 2 day ride from Calais.
Horice? I dont see it on the list: I do see that the classic bikes are just 2 days after the wedding and very manageable on my return route. Pre ticket sales are not yet available so will have to keep an eye on that. Where do find the camping info for Chimay or is that bundled into a ticket sale?

Please find below the dates for this years 2024 race calendar.

Although these dates have been confirmed there is always a slight chance the dates can be changed.

We look forward to seeing you in 2024.

11th - 12th May Hengelo GLD Varsselring International Road Races - Netherlands

24th - 26th May Assen TT Circuit 44th Ducati Club Races - Netherlands

22nd - 23rd June East Fortune Bob Mac Memorial Classic Races - Scotland

19th - 21st July Chimay Classic Races - Belgium

3rd - 4th August Cadwell Park 6th Meeting of the International Sidecar Revival - England

23rd -25th August Gedinne Belgium Classic Trophy races - Belgium

6th - 8th September Schleiz VFV Classic GP - Germany

4th - 6th October Oschersleben Sidecar Festival - Germany

that looks awesome, but I think it stretches my window away too much as it means leaving UK around 8th and only getting back around 19/20th. Just a bit long for the wife to agree !

The details for Hořice are on the IRRC link Wapping posted.

Camping at Chimay is on a first come, first served basis at the circuit or you can use the municipal site which is about a 20 minute walk but has the advantage of being closer to the town centre. Personally I’d use the municipal one and walk to the circuit via the supermarket on the way.

that looks awesome, but I think it stretches my window away too much as it means leaving UK around 8th and only getting back around 19/20th. Just a bit long for the wife to agree !

Get them to alter their wedding date!

Going off at a slight tangent though it’s still racing in Belgium,

I’m waiting to speak to my manager today and find out if I’m scheduled to be away before booking this

I’ll be looking to get a hotel room rather than camp because I’ve done the camping at Spa bit and it was best described as being sub prime. It might be better when it’s cars being raced but I’d sooner not gamble.

Tell them it’s good for your mental health, Andy. Every other fecker does.

I think they believe I’m beyond help on that front though the director who heads up the division I work in thinks I’m a star because I say things as I see them which is a rarity in the corporate World I now frequent.

Back
Top Bottom