Bike tune app on iPhone.

bhud

Well-known member
UKGSer Subscriber
Joined
Sep 8, 2008
Messages
1,057
Reaction score
15
Location
Not far enough
Hi folks,
Ive a 2009 R1200GS which uses the old K line system apparently.

I replaced my front TPMS but it needed coding to my bike. I am apple, MacBook, phone etc so tried to look for a solution as I live remotely.

Posh Pete suggested the Motoscan app but it is android.

I found a guy on youtube using the app Bike Tune with an iPhone.
Reaching out to Birkir Guojonsson (the developer of Bike tune) he advised his app wouldn't work setting my TPMS with my bike as it was the old technology.
A couple of days later he came back to me with a solution.
It worked!
I downloaded the app you need the pro version which is a 1 off payment of £14.99
I bought this OBD reader and adapter IniCarScan UCSI-2100 Interface with the 10 pin adapter for my bike - £69
Plugging in I searched for my bike model (K25).
Saved it.
Connected the app.
Instantly it went into scan.
It picked up the new TPMS.
I copied the code saved it then
Paired the TPMS using the relearn tool EL- 50448 Amazon £8,49
My bike now sees the TPMS, I can do all the other functions associated with normal OBD functionality.

Newer bikes don't need the adapter.

Hope this makes sense and helps.

The youtube video.

The app

The OBD reader / adapter I used

The learning tool
 
It hasn't received positive reviews on the US site.
What's wrong with Motoscan or the GS912?
 
Worked for me. Programmed tpms and reset my service. Looked at motoscan it needed an android phone and £60 more. Didn’t look at gs912 the gs911 is expensive. Added I can use the one reader on my van and car.
 


Back
Top Bottom