BMW F650GS Twin - Led Indicator BULBS that work

__YANNICK__

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I was just buying some replacement bulbs for my somewhat regularly bursting indictor lights. I exaggerate it's maybe once ever 1-2 years, but enough to make me consider led bulbs.

I know you can get complete led light replacements, but I'm thinking what about just the bulbs. Some seem to mess with the canbus and cause errors, so I wanted to know if people have had any success with certain ones here in the UK.

I found this page has some in the US: https://www.superbrightleds.com/vehicle/?find=2009-bmw-f650gs-5107939

I also learned that if you have a white lens, your bulb is likely the amber bulb with a BAU15s base and the white bulb has a BA15s base. The difference is as follows here:

[EDIT - photo was not working]

maxresdefault.jpg

Has anyone found some that work. I found a whole bunch on ebay that say canbus/error-free. But I think our bulbs are 12V and 10W and most of them say 21W. On the superbrightleds compatible bulb that I know some people living in the us are happy with say that "This energy-efficient bulb operates with in a wide 10-30V DC range and is designed to last 25 times longer than incandescent bulbs"

Anyway, I was looking and don't know which to trust.

Yannick

Hey everyone,

I was just buying some replacement bulbs for my somewhat regularly bursting indictor lights. I exaggerate it's maybe once ever 1-2 years, but enough to make me consider led bulbs.

I know you can get complete led light replacements, but I'm thinking what about just the bulbs. Some seem to mess with the canbus and cause errors, so I wanted to know if people have had any success with certain ones here in the UK.

I found this page has some in the US: https://www.superbrightleds.com/vehicle/?find=2009-bmw-f650gs-5107939

I also learned that if you have a white lens, your bulb is likely the amber bulb with a BAU15s base and the white bulb has a BA15s base. The difference is as follows here:

[EDIT - photo was not working]

maxresdefault.jpg

Has anyone found some that work. I found a whole bunch on ebay that say canbus/error-free. But I think our bulbs are 12V and 10W and most of them say 21W. On the superbrightleds compatible bulb that I know some people living in the us are happy with say that "This energy-efficient bulb operates with in a wide 10-30V DC range and is designed to last 25 times longer than incandescent bulbs"

Anyway, I was looking and don't know which to trust.

Yannick
I bought some bog standard LEDs and they worked without adjusting the zfe. Just try to get some lower lumens value ones as most of them are way too bright. Also most are a bit too long.

Back
Top Bottom