Bought a Triumph Trophy 1215 SE

Belco100

Registered user
Joined
Jan 10, 2019
Messages
198
Reaction score
47
Location
WESTCLIFF-ON-SEA
Well I never thought I would get one of these, they are a bit of a forgotten bike. But you do get a lot of bike for the money - a good one goes for around £3k. I have this to be my practical complement to my Multi V4 RS, would prefer a K1600GT, but they are not in the same price bracket.

I know they never sold, bought out to compete with the 1200 RT, and then BMW moved everything on with the 1250RT and the Trophy couldn't keep up. But they seem to be super reliable, lots of Tech (of the time), based on a 1215 Tiger with 134bhp. All in all, pretty happy with the Triumph, fast enough, handles well, 60mpg, shaft drive and loads of carrying capacity :giggle:

TTSE1
 
I enjoyed the one I had. Until the suspension went a bit funny.
 
A mate has had one for a decade or so. A 2013 bike. Thirsty beast compared to my R1200RS or V85 when we fill up after the same leg of a journey, especially after some 100mph mile munching on an autobahn. Quite rapid 2 up with luggage.

It's the only bike on my tours since 2015 that has needed recovery. The clutch hydraulics went bang in the Jura in 2017.

Earlier this year the suspension lost damping. We ended up separating on the way to Le Havre as they took the shortest route from Chartres whilst I went scenic. Not sure if he had it fixed but he is muttering about changing to a K1600 as he fancies a reverse gear due to decrepitude.
 
I sat on one in the showroom in Triumph Cheltenham back in 2015, crikey it was a big top heavy bike (Google says the wet weight is over 300kg) which might have been partly to do with why they never sold very well. Residuals were crap too, good for anyone buying used but not much fun for those buying a new one.
 
It is very heavy at a standstill. But it did evaporate at any speed above walking. Much like a GS.

It was a comfy mile muncher that did handle far better than it should have. Nice raspy engine when thrashed.
 
I had one of these for a while, bloody amazing on the motorway, cracking engine, superior to the twincam RT I had prior. But crikey it was a heavy beast at a standstill, and wait until you want to do servicing work on it. 😁 A proper bargain though really as far as bang for your buck. Fully loaded tourer for 3k. Can't go too far wrong.
 
I had one…great for a two up tour….. but I needed something a bit more manageable as a one up day to day bike….
Don’t think I lost much from buying (second hand) to selling it..
Mine was blue too….. did they do other colours?
 
I had one…great for a two up tour….. but I needed something a bit more manageable as a one up day to day bike….
Don’t think I lost much from buying (second hand) to selling it..
Mine was blue too….. did they do other colours?
Black and Silver
 
Well I never thought I would get one of these, they are a bit of a forgotten bike. But you do get a lot of bike for the money - a good one goes for around £3k. I have this to be my practical complement to my Multi V4 RS, would prefer a K1600GT, but they are not in the same price bracket.

I know they never sold, bought out to compete with the 1200 RT, and then BMW moved everything on with the 1250RT and the Trophy couldn't keep up. But they seem to be super reliable, lots of Tech (of the time), based on a 1215 Tiger with 134bhp. All in all, pretty happy with the Triumph, fast enough, handles well, 60mpg, shaft drive and loads of carrying capacity :giggle:

TTSE1
Make sure you service the brakes regularly, they were the weak spot on the one my BB group had.
 


Back
Top Bottom