Bunkhouse Piss Up And Nosebag on 09/05/15

Ronno

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
A Blackloonies Pish Up. Saturday 9th May, 2015

Who fancies joining us for an overnight stay at the bunkhouse at Blackwater Hall, near Glenshee. It's near the hamlet of Blacklunans which is where the event name originated from. We've had numerous events here and all have been memorable. For those who can remember. It's a simple format: turn up with a carry out, sit around talking shite with fellow Blackloonies Boys, get drunk, get well fed, fall into one of the 30 odd beds (duvets/pillows provided), wake up, have a bacon roll and coffee, talk more shite. Then bugger off home.

Gerry Watts has kindly offered to play mum on the Saturday night. For those who are Blackloonies virgins, Gerry is a local estate manager as well as being a bit of a gamekeeper type tweedie chap. Oh, and he rides a GS and is a member here. He is a bit of a cook too and does us an excellent sit down meal at a very modest price per head. Bhud will also be there and he's also a wizard in the kitchen so we tend to get spoiled.

The accommodation is £10 per head for your bed and it's generally about the same again for your evening meal and breakfast.

Factor in the cost of your carry out and it's a fairly inexpensive way to spend a more than decent Saturday night.

As already stated, we've had numerous Blackloonies do's here before and they're a great night. I'm sure anyone who's been before will testify that everyone gets made welcome and it's a good laugh. We've even had guys turning up who didn't drink. And they seemed to enjoy it too. I shudder to think what that experience must have been like mind you.

Drink as much or as little as you like. The hall is ours for the night and the nearest neighbours are well out of hearing distance. We're up in the highlands here, lads.

All welcome :beerjug:

Already booked in are

Gerry
Bhud
Ronno
Beetle
Andi
McFarlane
Aberdeen Angus

Here's where we are. About 12 miles north of Blairgowrie on the road to Braemar

]

Here's where we are: about 12 miles north of Blairgowrie on the Braemar road

5bed5f71e3ae86a9e58ff7087dc9a3ef.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Be rude not to.

And as the man said, its a bloody good night.

Personally I think Bambi is the way forward

Strathardle for lunch ?

Oh, go on then. Let's start off as we mean to go on with a decent pint and some good scran. How about meeting at 13.00 or thereabouts. I'll book a table once we firm up numbers

I make this eight people who are wiling to endure a night of fun and frivolity at Blacklunans...which is an hour north of the bridge.. With a (virtually) free (decent) meal thrown in., cheap accommodation, in the highlands. showers etc. To be honest I'm not sure its worth bothering.

Luckily those that have signed up are those who I would consider mates .....so we will.

Bambi AND phessie!!!!

How long do we try before we give up and let you all fester in front of the telly....?

C'mon you lot.
Get off yer arses, dust off the bike, and get yourself to Blackloonies.
It's a stunning location, good grub and good craic.
Had some great nights at Blackloonies so would be a real shame if it just fizzled out.

Aw go on then. First to mention plotics is a Jessie, Gerry! Got to be somewhere else on Sat am so will come up later in the pm. No lunch needed.

I make this eight people who are wiling to endure a night of fun and frivolity at Blacklunans...which is an hour north of the bridge.. With a (virtually) free (decent) meal thrown in., cheap accommodation, in the highlands. showers etc. To be honest I'm not sure its worth bothering.

Luckily those that have signed up are those who I would consider mates .....so we will.

Bambi AND phessie!!!!

How long do we try before we give up and let you all fester in front of the telly....?

With Nothern Jock and Scotboxer now joining us, eight becomes ten :jager.

But I echo your sentiments :beerjug:

It will be great to see some new faces...you should see the old ones..

Bring what you want to drink, and a sleeping bag....bunks provided.

Duvets on the beds, all mod cons :thumb2

The more the better, its a big place (and even has a wee private room where lassies have slept before on the odd occasion some come along).

IIRC the only time that weemen folk were invited was the divvying up of the Nakambale whisky, Al. Of course, I might be wrong on that.

I'm not sure about inviting females for a general Loonies do but I'm easy if that's what other folk want. I know that Christine wouldn't thank you for an invite. It's too much private men's club for her.

Nice to see a virgin putting his name down. :beerjug:

Just shows how much more attention you pay to your drink than you do to the bedding.

As Northern Jock has pointed out: duvets and pillows are provided

Back
Top Bottom