Buying a new 1250 TE

twg1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
About to pull the trigger and chop in my KTM 1290 r in for a new 1250 GSA TE.

I am being offered bikes with and with out heated seats is the heated seat worth the extra ?

On luggage , are the factory boxs worth it, or are other brands better value.

Any stand out bolt ons / accessories i need to think about .

Thanks

I am being offered bikes with and with out heated seats is the heated seat worth the extra ?

Thanks
YEs because of the resell value

The standard panniers are very good however I feel the top box is a bit small however I have never needed more when travelling

Seriously get a rear hugger as everything gets covered in crap from the road if you do not

YEs because of the resell value

The standard panniers are very good however I feel the top box is a bit small however I have never needed more when travelling

Seriously get a rear hugger as everything gets covered in crap from the road if you do not
Takes more than a hugger to stop a GS coating you with crap :blast

I had heated seats on my RT, waste of money IMO though I'm sure others will disagree.
I have BMW aluminium panniers on my 1200 GSA and really liked, if I ever replace the GSA for something newer I would only go with BMW aluminium panniers.
That said I have Tusk aluminium panniers on my WR250 and they're excellent.
Congrats on the new bike BTW, I'm very jealous.

I’d say yes on the heated seat. You don’t actually realise how much difference it’s making on a really cold day until you turn it into off.
I’ve got the BMW panniers which ive not used yet but seem pretty good. That said, if theyd not been part of a promo deal I’d have seriously looked at Bumot.

Heated Seats are for old guys. And they make the bike go slower.

:hide

I'm only saying it because my bike was new stock that didn't have it.

I’d say yes on the heated seat. You don’t actually realise how much difference it’s making on a really cold day until you turn it into off.
I’ve got the BMW panniers which ive not used yet but seem pretty good. That said, if theyd not been part of a promo deal I’d have seriously looked at Bumot.
I have metal mule ones but they are smaller and i need to buy racks so they fit. I have looked at Bumot as they fit the bmw racks but not sure at min which way to go

I really like heated seats. It’s easier to stay warm from the start, rather than have to ‘get’ warm later. Heated seats gives you the ability to do this.

Anything you add as an extra won't get you anymore extra on trade in so keep that in mind.

As far as add on bits, a MachineArt front fender extender, Wunderlict engine protector and rear mudsling are a good starting point

Here's some knock off versions if you don't want to pay full whack

I have the (genuine) MachineArt X Heads too as well as an sys bike cam

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out!
£104.99 25%OFF | SYS VSYS Full Body Waterproof Motorcycle Camera Recorder P6FL Q6L WiFi Dual 1080P Full HD Motorcycle DVR Dash Cam Black GPS Box

If you ride in winter these are a good addition

Last edited:

Thanks
Essentially it comes down to whether you'll be riding in colder weather.

I had heated seats on an Triumph Trophy and when on a commute of just over 30mins the heated seat made a huge difference, especially when it turned out to be colder than I imagined. The heated seat is always there for you to switch on, or not. When I downsized to my Yamaha Tracer I managed to find the Yamaha heated seat for it on Ebay. Snapped it up, knowing what a difference it makes.

Panniers..........unless you are getting a good discount on the BM ones I'd take a serious look at Bumot from Adventure Bike Shop. Better quality (IMHO) and cheaper, They also fit directly onto the OE frames.

Attachments

• 20a  NEW PANNIERS.jpg
    20a NEW PANNIERS.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 24 IN SPAIN 20231.jpg
    24 IN SPAIN 20231.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 50
Essentially it comes down to whether you'll be riding in colder weather.

I had heated seats on an Triumph Trophy and when on a commute of just over 30mins the heated seat made a huge difference, especially when it turned out to be colder than I imagined. The heated seat is always there for you to switch on, or not. When I downsized to my Yamaha Tracer I managed to find the Yamaha heated seat for it on Ebay. Snapped it up, knowing what a difference it makes.
Commute in all weathers so sounds like it would be a good idea .

Re the Nav there’s a very recent thread on this. As you can imagine, there’s no definitive answer.

Thanks

Earn 5 points for using Tosser Cliche #12 , pulling the trigger .

If you sell the bike , don’t forget to ‘test the water ‘

Whats the view on nav units .
I didn't bother with BMs Nav. I went for Garmin XT, Garmin make BMs Navs and they're cheaper work better. That said you could get the BMs connected ride phone holder and use the ride app or Google maps etc. Or use the TFT turn by turn via your phone and the app, it works really quite well.

A few of us on here bought new 1250's recently & my GSA I collected in November.

I have the heated seats & thought I'd never use it, but figured I may as well insist on it being part of the spec' as I was doing the deal. Well I have actually used the heated seat and it was ace so definitely do get them.

I have the GSA so the ally panniers which I'd say are nicely put together and remarkably light too, sat nav prep as I already have a Nav VI to use, Chinese hand guard extenders are a must for me (tinted so look OK too), Chinese Mud Slings work fine & Chinese air deflector for the screen. Medium size Givi tank bag and that's my lot.

Personally I would avoid the alarm & be sure you get the SOS.

Hope this helps and shout if you want a link to the Chine bits.. Go get it!!

Back
Top Bottom