Buying a new 1250 TE

Save your money he's a con man.

Or get your bike dynoed before you go and dyno it when you get back (from and independent) and see there is no difference
Is He?, I'll wait and get feedback from Marky before splashing.

Is He?, I'll wait and get feedback from Marky before splashing.
Google treetop tuning Facebook and see.

Or ask why group deals aren't offered on here anymore 😕

The dyno he offers doesn't show AFR. Which is should if they are 'too lean' bollocks. He will run a dyno in rain mode and dyno in dynamic ;)

Started reading, it's a bit of a minefield. isn't it?

Save your money he's a con man.

Or get your bike dynoed before you go and dyno it when you get back (from and independent) and see there is no difference

I’ve had one done, bike went into have a service and the bike’s software was up dated and it wiped it , also warranty can be voided so just beware

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve had one done, bike went into have a service and the bike’s software was up dated and it wiped it , also warranty can be voided so just beware

The service wouldn't effect a mapping, it was probably never on there ;)

He claims warranty wouldn't be an issue as its 'hidden in da chip set bruv'

The service wouldn't effect a mapping, it was probably never on there ;)

He claims warranty wouldn't be an issue as its 'hidden in da chip set bruv'

Ok I only have what I was told

There’s plenty of bad press, but outweighed by the good. I’ve had a few bikes done and every time the results are good, Ask more than a few BSB/TT/NW200 teams..

Some people know everything about everyone and are experts in all that surrounds us. I’m not but I do know when my bike has been improved..

I don’t recall a passenger this week, so to suggest I’m talking shite based on my findings is not a reflection on me. Keyboard warriors who can’t afford a few hundred pounds and don’t have any direct experience of what’s happened are welcome to their keyboards….

There’s plenty of bad press, but outweighed by the good. I’ve had a few bikes done and every time the results are good, Ask more than a few BSB/TT/NW200 teams..

Some people know everything about everyone and are experts in all that surrounds us. I’m not but I do know when my bike has been improved..

I don’t recall a passenger this week, so to suggest I’m talking shite based on my findings is not a reflection on me. Keyboard warriors who can’t afford a few hundred pounds and don’t have any direct experience of what’s happened are welcome to their keyboards….
You believe in the placebo effect?
How do you know your bike has improved? Rather you feel your bike has improved. Reset the ECU learning and see if your bike improves ;)

How many BSB TT NW200 teams use the GS ECU?

How many BSB TT NW200 teams don't bother checking AFR on a dyno run?

Why won't those resellers still work with him? Why won't this site still organise group discounts. Why doesn't he give full detailed receipts/invoices of the work done ;)

Mmmm. Why do BMW motorsport employ these services?

Have you had a bike mapped?

I’ve no axe to grind or point to prove FYI. I’ve not seen a GS at the NW200 - must have missed that year sadly,

You’ve obviously an issue, but personal experience is required to form a results based experience.

Ive never used Hilltop or ever had any work like this done to any vehicle of mine, it’s just not the sort of thing I’m into ( the only reason I’d have an aftermarket can would be sound or atheistics😂) based on that I cannot comment on what Hilltop do.
What I do know is several people who have had work done and are happy with results. Like Mark for example, Teapotone too.
What I do have is over 30 years experience engine building testing and development. ( not the mapping or ecu side) Knowing the way that a slight change on a dyno can influence results I don’t think you can prove or disprove this sort of work without a fully independent test before and after on another dyno. It is so easily open to sharp practice.
I’d go further, whilst developing an engine the correct way is to verify results is to re baseline. Ie
Test as standard, make your changes and test. Then return to standard and test again. This is the only way you can guarantee your improvement you see is real. Your first and third results should be the same. We’d do that as dyno results on the same dyno can vary.

Mark, please don’t think that this is me calling your thoughts on this into question.

Just saying that without independent test this will never be put to bed one way or the other.

Don’t most of them end up on a completely different subject 😂

Ive never used Hilltop or ever had any work like this done to any vehicle of mine, it’s just not the sort of thing I’m into ( the only reason I’d have an aftermarket can would be sound or atheistics😂) based on that I cannot comment on what Hilltop do.
What I do know is several people who have had work done and are happy with results. Like Mark for example, Teapotone too.
What I do have is over 30 years experience engine building testing and development. ( not the mapping or ecu side) Knowing the way that a slight change on a dyno can influence results I don’t think you can prove or disprove this sort of work without a fully independent test before and after on another dyno. It is so easily open to sharp practice.
I’d go further, whilst developing an engine the correct way is to verify results is to re baseline. Ie
Test as standard, make your changes and test. Then return to standard and test again. This is the only way you can guarantee your improvement you see is real. Your first and third results should be the same. We’d do that as dyno results on the same dyno can vary.

Mark, please don’t think that this is me calling your thoughts on this into question.

Just saying that without independent test this will never be put to bed one way or the other.
Seat of the pants dyno. I build 2 stroke motors and in particular LC’s. When setting up a motor I’ll be changing jets and needles, float heights and mapping etc so I have a feel for what the bikes doing.

I do not go to the dyno every time I make a change, but can feel what’s changed.

A lot of folks don’t have the technical capabilities or feel. Each to their own.

Seat of the pants dyno. I build 2 stroke motors and in particular LC’s. When setting up a motor I’ll be changing jets and needles, float heights and mapping etc so I have a feel for what the bikes doing.

I do not go to the dyno every time I make a change, but can feel what’s changed.

A lot of folks don’t have the technical capabilities or feel. Each to their own.
And as it’s been done for many many years.
To be fair, the stuff we were doing I ain’t qualified to drive/ride. 😂

Mmmm. Why do BMW motorsport employ these services?

Have you had a bike mapped?

I’ve no axe to grind or point to prove FYI. I’ve not seen a GS at the NW200 - must have missed that year sadly,

You’ve obviously an issue, but personal experience is required to form a results based experience.
I had a 1200 mapped, and forensically examined the ECU in the lab (have a family member who works for CACI). Not even accessed (by him) never mind changed.

BMW Motorsport dont employ his services. However he may map other bikes, he doesn't to these.
Q) Will your Stealth Tune be overwritten by Dealer when I go in for a Software Update?

A)
No. For the same reasons as above, the software update written by the dealer will only affect their software. You will only lose your “remap” if the dealer exchanges your ECU for a new one.

See above posts :D

Before and after Geoffs magic remap on a pals bike :D :D :D

Attachments

• 120219729_2397495933887602_198928098644892451_n.jpg
    120219729_2397495933887602_198928098644892451_n.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 44
Like I say, plenty of bad press.. My findings are very different.

Back
Top Bottom