Carpe Iter Controller

I believe our resident Kove owner (@Tetley) has one as I was admiring it on the East Mids rideout. Sadly I'm iOS, as I'd quite like one for OS maps on my Iphone.

Last edited:
I have the Wunderlinq 2.0. It slots into the nav prep and had the holes for another bracket i.e. ball type to be screwed to it etc but crucially allows the Whizzy wheel to be used with any android device that has compatible apps installed.

I’m waiting for one to arrive to use with my S20Ultra / Quadlock setup i’m using on the V100.

From everything I’ve seen it looks like a great bit of kit so am really looking forward to seeing how it works out.

I use an iPhone day to day but bought a used S20Ultra for Nav purposes and have a cheap LycaMobile sim in it that has 20GB data a month for £3.99. There is much more development going on with Android hence a used S20Ultra, has a big bright screen, fast processor, and 256GB onboard storage (£180 off GigGaf refurb store)

I’ve been playing around with DMD 2 as well which works well.

I'd only ever buy top range android phones now, apples solutions are too far locked down for ant real experimentation. Including nfc and multi BT share too much control and licensing.

Haven't bought one personally in years due to it. Running an S23U now and it's smashes the 14 that work has given me. Dislike it immensely.

This unit looked very interesting but it appears to be on back order since the Bennett video. Far too popular now.

I doubt you'll get an IOS version too expensive if even possible to get inside the IOS ecosystem

You dont need the Carpe iter controller,

They do a dongle which allows the wunderwheel to be used with Thork stuff if i recall

They do a dongle which allows the wunderwheel to be used with Thork stuff if i recall

Not for a Guzzi V100S though there are several gadgets that will plug in and allow control via the BMW Wunderwheel though, including a couple from Carte.

It's ok but is it worth £200 in it's current format. Not all mappings work with Thorks dmd2 and there is no integrations for OBD yet. You'll need to use the WunderLINK app for that which really isn't optimised for anything bigger than a phone. I'm using a Samsung Active Tab 3.

Screenshot_20231028_083333_Chrome.jpg

But as fluffmeister says it's BMW specific and the bike needs the nav prep too else there's nothing to plug in to.

Carpe Iter controller is the way to go here. Or if planning to use it with DMD2 then Thork have just announced plans to release their own controller which is a 2 button 2 joystick contraption and will be available iirc from December. More info on their Facebook group.
Screenshot_20231028_083951_Facebook.jpg

Carpe Iter arrived and I’ve fitted it to the V100, and I’m pretty impressed with it. For once a Bluetooth “gadget” that lives up to the hype and has plenty of potential going forward.

I may tweak and refit to the left bar at some point but for now, it’s working well with the positioning where it is, the software and “HUD” are rock solid and its auto profiling feature does what it says on the tin.

So far tested with Locus Map, Waze, Google Maps, MRA, Spotify and it’s working very well. Just waiting on CI devs to implement zoom in/out on MRA which should be any day now.

Means I can use say Google Maps, zoom in/out of the route, switch out to Spotify, change tracks, volume etc, switch into Maps again or MRA (when zoom is implemented) without taking a hand away from the bars, and no messing about taking gloves off for random sausage finger stabbing at the screen 😀

Attachments

• IMG_0394.jpeg
    IMG_0394.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0393.jpeg
    IMG_0393.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 25
Carpe Iter arrived and I’ve fitted it to the V100, and I’m pretty impressed with it. For once a Bluetooth “gadget” that lives up to the hype and has plenty of potential going forward.

I may tweak and refit to the left bar at some point but for now, it’s working well with the positioning where it is, the software and “HUD” are rock solid and its auto profiling feature does what it says on the tin.

So far tested with Locus Map, Waze, Google Maps, MRA, Spotify and it’s working very well. Just waiting on CI devs to implement zoom in/out on MRA which should be any day now.

Means I can use say Google Maps, zoom in/out of the route, switch out to Spotify, change tracks, volume etc, switch into Maps again or MRA (when zoom is implemented) without taking a hand away from the bars, and no messing about taking gloves off for random sausage finger stabbing at the screen 😀
To ask what I'm sure is a daft question, was this on an Android device ?

I have just fitted the BMW kit to my 2019 R1250 GSA Rallye and its very very simple to fit.

I had already removed my nav prep kit etc as I only every use my phone/tablet to navigate when I'm out and about. (Yes I hate standalone Sat Navs with a passion)

The BMW kit uses a box that is hidden away down where its plugged in using the nav prep socket and then you run a cable which follows the brake line up to the throttle area and a device with buttons then clamps around next to your throttle (there is a big bit of space there). It takes literally 2 minutes and only uses two screws.

The longest part is the cable management but as I said its one cable so a few cable ties and sorted. This took longer than plugging it in and connecting my phone and tablet to it using the app. (no login or need to register just open app and begin and then you won't need the app again) I suppose the most important bit it ensuring you allow the permissions the app ask's for when you open the app (like location and always on) other than that you need zero technical or mechanical knowledge (you just need a pos screw driver and a bunch of cable ties depending how anal you are).

I am using it with both a Samsung Galaxy S23+ phone and a Samsung Galaxy A7 Lite tablet and have had zero issues so far however I haven't used it in real anger yet but I did use with both google maps and Osmand and all reacted as it should and was very responsive (the tablet is cheap so I was expecting some lag but all good).

I do not need to touch my phone/tablet to open apps etc or scroll around the map or listen to music. basically you use the scroll wheel on the left to zoom in/out and select with and the buttons on the right to move around the screen to highlight the app etc you wish to open, whilst never needing to take your hands off the bars.

Its very good and very well built and has clearly been designed to fit a BMW

test5135461-2.png

Back
Top Bottom