Christmas Bakery offroad 2014

Another great Bakerman event. What a cracking day for a ride. Beautiful!

Seeing as we had a couple of breakdowns in the group and missed lunch I couldnt believe our luck when we stumbled upon you and the defunct outfit at the garage and you made a call and bought the lunch to us. Even cold those pasties are good.

It's always nice to see newbies come along and have some fun, so hopefully we'll see a few more riders regularly hitting the lanes off the back of this.

Did you say £3k was raised? Good stuff.

Thanks for organising,

M

Steve,

Thanks for organising the event (and for the excellent pasties and sausage rolls :thumb).

Cheers,

Ian.

HERES only ones I took, fantastic day, 97 riders, £2850 raised, coldish to start but the Sun shone, 6 local guys did it on pushbikes, bakery - bakery 60 miles.

Some good old GSER faces its great to catch up with them on my manor.

Attachments

• L1030014.jpg
    L1030014.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 345
  • L1030003.jpg
    L1030003.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 339
  • L1030005.jpg
    L1030005.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 344
  • L1030007.jpg
    L1030007.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 348
HERES only ones I took, fantastic day, 97 riders, £2850 raised, coldish to start but the Sun shone, 6 local guys did it on pushbikes, bakery - bakery 60 miles.

Some good old GSER faces its great to catch up with them on my manor.

Is that Steph in the third picture?

Great day, very slippery, next time I will put the right tyres on - honest. Thanks to the guys who took us round, am hopeless with names but they were great guys and those old bikes were brilliant – just goes to show it’s not what you ride but how you ride. Managed to get round in one piece, although a bit slow as a lot of the time I seemed to be going sideways. Bakerman, food was top notch as always. Worth the 12 hour round trip for 6 hours on the Plain ? – DEFINATLY. Thanks to the guys at the Bell for the use of the field, next time I must remember to bring a piece of wood as the bike fell over in the field (as it did at the last Hogroast - I am a slow learner) and snapped the sidestand – wouldn’t be a trip for me without breaking something on either the bike or me. Looking forward to the 2015 Hogroast.

Only black mark was somebody filled up at the petrol station near Inbar and rode off without paying - we were the next group and were refused service. Thanks to Matt (No Fromage) who paid what was owed we got served. Hopefully it was an error and he thought somebody in his group was paying for him, otherwise I hope the person who was responsible is suitably proud of his actions – it only takes one to potentially ruin a good thing.

Thank you Matt, again.

I went in to see the garage attenent as well to square him up, as Grez said he was sorted, Matt goes FREE at next event 5th April 2015 HOT CROSS BUN RUN

Finally got some pics sorted!

Getting ready for the off - a lot of people turned up, despite the cool conditions

IMG_5691-X3.jpg

Some great bikes on show, including The Bakermans

IMG_5692-X3.jpg

Our motley crew, with My Hall doing his best to look cool... still not quite enough :D

IMG_5697-X3.jpg

This is speedfourfour, our fearless leader for the day - running the only 12 GSA on the day, with some bloody slippy conditions :bow

IMG_5717-X3.jpg

Despite the frost, there was plenty of water around, just to keep things interesting!

IMG_5707-X3.jpg

Which also meant plenty of mud...

IMG_5705-X3.jpg

Great lunch provided by Bakerman and family, a great bunch of guys :thumb2

IMG_5712-X3.jpg

Some more cool bikes

IMG_5719-X3.jpg

IMG_5722-X3.jpg

A few more pics here: http://mav21.smugmug.com/Christmas-Bakery-Ride-2014/

Thanks again to Bakerman and family for organising a top day out and to speedfourfour for leading our band of merry men :thumb2

Nice pics, thanks for sharing, didn't make it this year as bike issues, but hope to make April event and then next Christmas

Back
Top Bottom