Circuit of Turkey.

I’m 100% certain that the only way I’d be happy doing a 4 week trip on a motorbike would be if I did it on my own in my normal haphazard way. Trying to organise 4 weeks of routes and hotels would fry my brain and the first time it rained heavily in the planned direction I’d be saying let’s stop where we are and then everything is in the bin.

I’m 100% certain that the only way I’d be happy doing a 4 week trip on a motorbike would be if I did it on my own in my normal haphazard way. Trying to organise 4 weeks of routes and hotels would fry my brain and the first time it rained heavily in the planned direction I’d be saying let’s stop where we are and then everything is in the bin.
I wouldn’t plan it in such detail. Just general idea of where I’m going, then more detailed planning when I get near. As for hotels, booking.com is your friend. Usually look at booking hotels after lunch when I know where I’ll be.

I wouldn’t plan it in such detail. Just general idea of where I’m going, then more detailed planning when I get near. As for hotels, booking.com is your friend. Usually look at booking hotels after lunch when I know where I’ll be.

That’s all I ever do when I’m away on my own though my timing is usually a bit later and involves sitting outside a cafe having a beer while I pick a hotel.

Even going away on bikes with my wife can be difficult because she’ll never say where she wants to go but if I shove a 500 mile day in on day 5 or 6 you’d think I’d tried to strangle her overnight.

@wilbjr21 ....thanks for sharing that photo of Mustafa Kemal Ataturk's words on the Galipoli memorial.
You may perhaps, be aware of the raw emotion - and healing - that his words continue to instill in millions of New Zealanders & Australians, to this day.

ANZAC Day, 25th April, respects the crucible of fire that forged both nations as they lost a good proportion of a complete generation in their young nations.

Such a waste.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240320_060204_edit_598823078842922.jpg
    Screenshot_20240320_060204_edit_598823078842922.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 8
@wilbjr21 ....thanks for sharing that photo of Mustafa Kemal Ataturk's words on the Galipoli memorial.
You may perhaps, be aware of the raw emotion - and healing - that his words continue to instill in millions of New Zealanders & Australians, to this day.

ANZAC Day, 25th April, respects the crucible of fire that forged both nations as they lost a good proportion of a complete generation in their young nations.

Such a waste.

Thank you.

When I was there I felt genuine emotion reading those beautiful words.

He must have been a very great man.

Sorry ,wrong information from me !
It changed in 2020..no visa required now :beerjug:
Doesn’t matter anyway, master twat can’t do it.
He now claims he is doing a trip similar to my Romania trip….but in 10 or 12 days. It took me 4 weeks. I can’t see how a complete newby to European touring can be such an expert :blast

Doesn’t matter anyway, master twat can’t do it.
He now claims he is doing a trip similar to my Romania trip….but in 10 or 12 days. It took me 4 weeks. I can’t see how a complete newby to European touring can be such an expert :blast
Best left to his own devices :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom