Clutch lever switch 2011 GS1200

mpgscott

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Folks,

I have a set of Titax levers on the bike and the way i have them set when i pull in the clutch lever the switch doesnt engage so results are if in gear i need to select neutral before she will start. So before i go fiddling i wanted to know if there is a means of adjusting the switch so i can account for the lesser travel on the lever to engage the switch??

The clutch is fully engaged as the bike doesnt move with it pulled in, i could find the switch and maybe put something on the lever so it engages but first i thought i would ask.

Cheers
Mark

Mine does the same with Titax levers. I assumed the switch was faulty and just lived with it, but will now have a looksie at the switch.

Switch is adjustable. There is a tiny grub screw which when loosened allows the switch to pivot. This grub screw bears onto a metal button which is easily lost if you remove the switch, so beware. If you have a look underneath the lever assembly all should become clear.

Before you have a look, better order another grub screw, you know you're going to lose it!:thumby:

I just replaced mine yesterday... No adjustment on the 2011 hex head switch, post and screw fix it in one place. It's a bit of a twat to see the screw if you are doing it on the drive, but doable.

Well i had a mare with mine, in order for it to work with the titax levers i had to drill out the grub screw hole and make another locating hole and move the switch towards the levers by around 9-10mm in order for it to work. Its all working now but a flippen nightmare.

With the original location of the switch no matter how much i tried to adjust the lever just would not contact with the switch. Its a bugger to see and try and work out whats happening, i even resorted to seeing if i had in fact got the levers the wrong way around which i had not.

I have pics of the titax clutch lever if anyone is interested, and i can take pics of the switch in its new location that works agian if anyone wants to see them.

So as it stands now no matter which selection i make on my titax lever 1-6 it works the switch when the clutch lever is pulled in, happy days...

Here you go hopefully this can be used to see how i adjusted the switch to allow it to move towards the lever a fair amount. If you take the switch off on the reverse you will see another recessed hole which is what i used as the point where you need locate the switch on the pivet point, now i had to make a new recess hole so it all lines up then i simply opened the current hold down with a 2.5mm drill bit so pulled the drill down to expand the hole down to align with this new recess hole. Hope it all makes sense im sorry but not great at explaining things..

IMG_1047_zpsq0wbc5co.jpg

IMG_1034_zpskmbt0rsn.jpg

If it's any consolation to those with different year bikes, my Titax levers fitted my 07 GSA without extra drilling......

Back
Top Bottom