Comfy old boots bike service resto thread

My plan, once I figure out where to actually put a full tank of fuel, is to use the gs 911 to do the fuel pump test and use that to shift most of it. Then use my big syringe and long tube to remove the rest. Going to have to figure out how to clean the fuel injectors. I’ve been thinking of getting g a cheap ultra sonic cleaner for Rayna’s rings etc so maybe it’s the time for that,
 
But hey, two hours ago I was talking about having to find a bolt I’d dropped. Niw I e a good excuse to remove the tank again.
 
My plan, once I figure out where to actually put a full tank of fuel, is to use the gs 911 to do the fuel pump test and use that to shift most of it. Then use my big syringe and long tube to remove the rest. Going to have to figure out how to clean the fuel injectors. I’ve been thinking of getting g a cheap ultra sonic cleaner for Rayna’s rings etc so maybe it’s the time for that,
Use the GS911 again to flush the 8
injectors 😉
Reconnect all the hoses but pull the injectors from the throttle bodies. Usr the injector test function to pump the fresh rfvill of petrol through the fuel lines snd the injectors. Put their nozzles in the necks of empty water/juice/cider bottles ro capture what os sprayed out. When it stops smelling of diesel you should be good to go.
 
Sitting on the ground with the bike. A cute lady asked me if I was ok. Recovery just phoned as well I should be home by 4.
 
Home now. Great service from the insurance company. I was just starting to get the tyres scrubbed in! IMG_7534.jpeg
IMG_7533.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Busy Saturday with a 50th birthday! Send you a WHATSAPP LATER. Might be able to skive out of work for a few hours 🙏👍🏻👍🏻
 
Last edited:
😱 Fukk my smelly old boots. :blast:banghead:
It’s odd, I’m totally sanguine about this mess. Now, if I hadn’t spent a shit load of time getting to know the bike I’d be very upset but I know where everything is 😂. Funny old world inside my head 😂😂
 
It’s odd, I’m totally sanguine about this mess. Now, if I hadn’t spent a shit load of time getting to know the bike I’d be very upset but I know where everything is 😂. Funny old world inside my head 😂😂
I can garrentee you know more than me. JJH
 
So, during the tune up this morning, used the gs 911. Did the idle actuator setup and after a bit of fiddling this is the best I could do with my vacume guages. The right is blipping a bit. The ocd in me really wants them to be equal. Does this suggest either a dirty throttle body, dirty stepper motor or most likely a leak in the rubber? I should leave it alone but I know I want more 🙈

Bike running great otherwise. My rattle is gone. I hadn’t the lower left coil attached 🙈🙈🙈😲🤪


 
Last edited:


Back
Top Bottom