Comfy old boots bike service resto thread

Should this be moved to the blog section? I’d like to keep it going for my random ramblings but not sure it still appropriate here?
 
I for one think it should be kept here,i love your ramblings,and as Led Zep said,,
Ramble On :thumb:101:popcorn,,,,Baza
I’m really hoping I don’t have much more to waffle about!

If I had a space to do it, honestly I’d be considering taking the clutch and gearbox apart to sort the banging and clattering from my final drive. BUT it’s my car, it’s my transport. It’s running well it’s ok.

It’s a fine looking machine for a 20 year old though. Next job are the fork seals. They are ugly 🙈
 
I’m really hoping I don’t have much more to waffle about!

If I had a space to do it, honestly I’d be considering taking the clutch and gearbox apart to sort the banging and clattering from my final drive. BUT it’s my car, it’s my transport. It’s running well it’s ok.

It’s a fine looking machine for a 20 year old though. Next job are the fork seals. They are ugly 🙈
So you’re doing the fork seals because they are ugly ? JJH
 
Rusted to feck. Squirted acf 50 in but think it best to replace before the stachions get rusted (more rusted)
 
Put some grip puppies on today. They feel good! Added a cheap Chinese no name car play unit too. Let’s see if it’s waterproof but it’s nice to have a dash cam now. IMG_7609.jpegIMG_7610.jpeg
 
Put some grip puppies on today. They feel good! Added a cheap Chinese no name car play unit too. Let’s see if it’s waterproof but it’s nice to have a dash cam now. View attachment 541480View attachment 541481
How did you mount that?

And you know that the extended instrument hoop from the GSA fits the GS, they dont show it as an extra on the GS page only the GSA

but ive fitted one to to both Hex & TC bikes with no issues
 
So glad it all turned out OK in the end. It’s a journey you’ll never forget and you’ll benefit from all you’ve learned for years to come.
 
How did you mount that?

And you know that the extended instrument hoop from the GSA fits the GS, they dont show it as an extra on the GS page only the GSA

but ive fitted one to to both Hex & TC bikes with no issues
Well there is an expensive touratch aluminium thing that has a ram ball and I had an xgrip on it before and just used that. Seems solid and I used a set of heavy pliars to tighten it beyond human hands ability. Tools will be needed to steal it and at the price I paid I’m happy to take the chance.

Note, the connector provided by the car play unit was made of cheese and I’m glad I have proper yoke.

Also, I bought an adapter to attach to the under the front of the tank gps switched power connector. I still have to wire in the rear dash cam but not too bothered about that.

If the dash cam is recording, the bike will not switch off, so I have to manually stop the dash cam when I dismount but it seems to turn off a minute after that. Spots are great! I’ll just walk away and trust it’ll turn off in time…

Great experience 👍🏻
 
Last edited:
So glad it all turned out OK in the end. It’s a journey you’ll never forget and you’ll benefit from all you’ve learned for years to come.
I have the bug pops. I’m keeping an eye out for a tall single to play around with. The bike - when warmed up- runs great ☺️. My neighbour said he noticed it sounded different recently 😂. It hasn’t run this well since I bought it.
 


Back
Top Bottom