Converting cast to spoke wheels on a 57 plate r1200gs

TheBoxer

Reaction score
I have searched the hexhead threads and can find no definitive on the following...(my bike is a 2007-57 plate r1200gs)
Can I use my original front abs ring and can I use my original brake discs. Also I understand the rear will req longer wheel bolts? And finally assuming I can use the 2004-2013 wheels?(spoked)

Thanks

LC bikes get wider rims to take better range of tyres 120 70 19, forget the rear size but might be a 170 rather than a 150 - I expect as they did that the rest all got played with

rear uses different bolts, front (of compatible type) should just bolt on - they are serious money and most steal the disc too

Spoke wheels use shorter bolts than the cast wheels. If you know what year wheels you have you can cross reference the abs ring on realoem.

On my 2011 GSA I regularly ran it with a set of 2008 GS alloy wheels and at one stage a set of 2007 RT wheels , other than the rear wheel bolts the gs/gsa wheels were a straight swap

Thanks for the offer but already have a pair,probably paid way too much though!!

Back
Top Bottom