Creating a ‘ride out’ with same start and end point issue ?

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
When I used the MRA app last year for planning ride outs on our Vercors trip I ended up having to delete the last waypoint (ie also our start point), as if I didnt , when you started navigation, the stupid app thought you were back where you started so deleted the route and told you that you had arrived . Doh !!
Was I doing something wrong or have others found this too ?
Ta

Just space out the start and end a few hundred yards apart

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

I think all apps & devices can have similarly senior moments. I have got into the habit of setting the end of route at a nearby fuel station as that is where I would normally go anyway to have a full tank the following day.

Just space out the start and end a few hundred yards apart

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

I think all apps & devices can have similarly senior moments. I have got into the habit of setting the end of route at a nearby fuel station as that is where I would normally go anyway to have a full tank the following day.

Only trouble is , if your route starts and ends up a one way dead end , there’s no point placing the end point half a mile down the road , as you’ll pass it shortly after you set off and the route nav might assume you’ve reached the end point ….

If I were faced with that very unusual predicament, I’d split the route into two parts. Part one would be from the correct start point, to some point around the route. Say to half way or to some point I’d know I’d be going to. For example a cafe. I’d then run part two of the route from the cafe (if that was what you used) back to the correct end point.

If it’s a dead end and one way, how do you get back out?

Not being funny, just can’t seem to get my head around that scenario

And... when I did a lot of offroad self navigated running, if I was plotting a route, I'd initially drop waypoints at features like track junctions. Then I learned that rather than pinning the waypoint at a track junction, I'd pin it 20 metres or so up the correct track exiting the junction. It made things so much simpler and when I got the 'ping' telling me I'd passed a waypoint I absolutely knew I was on the correct track for the next leg.

I usually set my end point near to the start point and don't have any issues. So long as when you convert the track to a trip, and select start to finish it follow it fine.

From a route i created this weekend and worked without issue;

Back
Top Bottom