Denali lights 👎

tspivey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Am I alone in thinking the Denali range of lights are ugly and cheap looking and wouldn’t have them on my bike. If they came via AliExpress I wouldn’t be surprised, plus bikes with several pairs of them fitted just remind me of the 60’s/70’s scooter era when they had excessive mirrors and lights on the front.

Am I alone in thinking the Denali range of lights are ugly and cheap looking and wouldn’t have them on my bike. If they came via AliExpress I wouldn’t be surprised, plus bikes with several pairs of them fitted just remind me of the 60’s/70’s scooter era when they had excessive mirrors and lights on the front.
Yes. I have a set of D2s and like them a lot. They have now been on two bikes and still look like new.

Thing is, I tried Aliexpress lights, they were CRAP, and I mean CRAP

Having done the "buy cheap buy twice" I did what I should have done originally and bought "proper" Denali ones. Way, way better. What's more they take a dousing and don't mist up, they always work, and the finish is still good (no corrosion)

My cheapy chinky ones misted up after the bike was left outside overnight in biblical rain, followed by a 300 mile ride in wet and cold conditions, shortly after that the cheapy chinky ones failed. never again.

Yes. I have a set of D2s and like them a lot. They have now been on two bikes and still look like new.
I don’t mind the DM‘s and D2’s they look quite good, it’s just rest of the range with the 3,4,5 and 7 bulb like lenses, they remind of very cheap LED torches from B&M bargains or somewhere similar. I’m sure they are well made, they should be for the ridiculous cost, it’s just I find them ugly and cheap looking.

Last edited:
I don't think that the huge lights designed to be mounted on the bull bars of a Dodge Ram truck have to be mounted on a motorcycle to see where one is going. Some of the more compact Denali models probably do an adequate job.
OTOH I do very little riding at night on unlit roads.
Each to their own needs.
I do have some Bikeviz lights mounted on my awesome steed - and the triangle of light does help with being seen by dozey car drivers.

I don’t mind the DM‘s and D2’s they look quite good, it’s just rest of the range with the 3,4,5 and 7 bulb like lenses, they remind of very cheap LED torches from B&M bargains or somewhere similar. I’m sure they are well made, they should be for the ridiculous cost, it’s just I find them ugly and cheap looking.

Yes, they do charge a premium for the lights. But that's part and parcel for any manufacturer attempting to lead a segment and working with the newest technology. It's easy to be cheaper when you copy someone else's work.....even if you decide to use the same materials.

Their 5 year warranty is a big support you get over the lifetime of the product. I had one fail about 18 months in, and it was replaced without issue by NN who supplied them. Even if you bought semi decent lights at 30% of the cost, how long will they last beyond the standard 12 months warranty before you shell out for another set.

Yes, they do charge a premium for the lights. But that's part and parcel for any manufacturer attempting to lead a segment and working with the newest technology. It's easy to be cheaper when you copy someone else's work.....even if you decide to use the same materials.

Their 5 year warranty is a big support you get over the lifetime of the product. I had one fail about 18 months in, and it was replaced without issue by NN who supplied them. Even if you bought semi decent lights at 30% of the cost, how long will they last beyond the standard 12 months warranty before you shell out for another set.
Doesn't stop them being ugly. “Newest Technology“ ??????
I think I’ll wait for Weiser to produce something.

Doesn't stop them being ugly. “Newest Technology“ ??????
I think I’ll wait for Weiser to produce something.

I've never seen any 'good looking' auxiliary lights.......they tend to be function>form

I have a pair of D3's I fitted them to light the road and that's just what they do my only issue is that at 10% they are still too bright for on coming drivers so I only use with main beam are they ugly wtf who cares

I have a pair of D3's I fitted them to light the road and that's just what they do my only issue is that at 10% they are still too bright for on coming drivers so I only use with main beam are they ugly wtf who cares
Good man. I lose track of the amount of times I’ve had my retinas cauterised by spotlights that appear to be looking for German bombers..

Back
Top Bottom