As the title says does anyone know the main differences between a low and standard GS LC.
It appears to be suspension height, stand length and saddle, have I missed anything?
as fred said above, spot on!
Cheers bought second hand but not declared as a low.
Really good deal so not to worried, I will get a standard saddle as ironically I am 6'4" and am one of the last people that needs a low version.
I was in exactly the same position a couple of weeks ago, I was offered a brilliant deal on a 2012 twin cam, low version, I’m 6’2” and thought it wouldn’t work for me. I test rode it with a standard seat on high setting and its fine, I also spoke to Tony Archer, the seat specialist, who told me he can increase the height by up to 2.5 inches. I think I’m going to go for this, with a two inch increase, although to be honest, thats just because I like the extra height, not because I need it.Cheers bought second hand but not declared as a low.
Really good deal so not to worried, I will get a standard saddle as ironically I am 6'4" and am one of the last people that needs a low version.
Careful with the choice of low footpegs. The side stand pad hits the BMW ones as the side stand on the lowered bike is shorter. I ended up taking out a second mortgage to buy the TT lowered pegs but it was worth it as my knee ache disappeared.