Technical question regarding standard and lowered suspension on a 2023 R1250GS

There is an alternative lowering method over on AV rider,

I cant remember if its lengthening or reducing the connector arm on the suspension & potentimeter

apparently it tricks the suspension to sit even lower

Before I investigate suspension options further. Any suggestions who makes the comfiest lowest seat for the R1250GS. I am 130KG so the foam will need to be good or even Gel?

@Rockraider Re lowering your bike. This service by Mark Hooton at Cymark (well-known here) may be of interest to you:

Denzo - lowered the 1250 by 25mm. Front and back. However I didn't have ESA. He can do the same with ESA. Total cost was around £400 including labour. Highly recommend you speak to him. I visited his workshop and it's amazing. He also keeps in touch with the original designer from WP.

Does anyone have any contact details for Denzo? I have done a search on the site but come up blank. Many thanks.

Might have cracked my saddle height issue without needing to modify the suspension. I have fitted the Factory low saddle and also the Wunderlich lowered seat bobbins. I can now sit on the bike with my feet flat on the low suspension setting and almost flat on Dynamic ride height. The saddle is not very comfortable compared to the standard saddle it came with, wondering about having it retrimmed and a gel insert installed but retain the same height? Has anyone done this? Is there a supplier of Gel inserts that I can have a look at? I don't want a strap on type that will raise the seat height.

Might have cracked my saddle height issue without needing to modify the suspension. I have fitted the Factory low saddle and also the Wunderlich lowered seat bobbins. I can now sit on the bike with my feet flat on the low suspension setting and almost flat on Dynamic ride height. The saddle is not very comfortable compared to the standard saddle it came with, wondering about having it retrimmed and a gel insert installed but retain the same height? Has anyone done this? Is there a supplier of Gel inserts that I can have a look at? I don't want a strap on type that will raise the seat height.
You may want to consider sending your seat off to be fitted with a gel pad as well as reshaping it. I know guys who had it done with good results

Somewhere like here

Personally I found the lowered seat comfortable enough for me (though I know all arseholes are different :ROFLMAO: ) so why not try it a bit longer to see if you get used to it? The main discomfort I had was caused by the increased knee angle because the peg to seat height distance is less with the low seat and your new bobbins will reduce that further but if you can get used to the seat and your knees start to ache there's the option of getting lowered pegs which turn up on here in the sales section from time to time though I would stick to a decent brand and avoid the knock off stuff if you do as they could be made of cheese like some bar risers I bought were (so I bought some Wunderlict ones instead and threw the others in the bin). Good luck.

CM Seats are excellent. For £250 Ross will do a seat recover and height to your liking and fit a gel pad too. cmseats.co.uk

The BMW Low Comfort Seat (sounds like an oxymoron, doesn’t it) is the most comfortable seat I’ve ever had on any bike. A perfect combination of padding, shape and support it is very slightly taller than the factory low seat but a much nicer shape. Way better than the standard height seat.

Back
Top Bottom