Disconnecting OE spotlights

MondoRich

Reaction score
As is usual with these things, one has stopped working I need to clean the connectors and protect against further water getting in.

But, HOW the hell do I disconnect this, believe me I’ve tried everything!!! 🤪
27f8c663dac332eec5f58f8742fc8dfc.jpg

You need to push a small screwdriver in a slot which sits behind the lens and in front of the connector cover. There is a tab which has to be released and the connector will pull out.

As is usual with these things, one has stopped working I need to clean the connectors and protect against further water getting in.

But, HOW the hell do I disconnect this, believe me I’ve tried everything!!! 🤪
27f8c663dac332eec5f58f8742fc8dfc.jpg

Use a flat head screwdriver and start at the lens side. Slide the screwdriver into the gap between lens and metal. It will snag on a clip, which will release the socket. Had me for a while the first time I tried as figured you had to come at it from the back of the light, but oh no.......start lens side, through the small gap, and voila!

Use a flat head screwdriver and start at the lens side. Slide the screwdriver into the gap between lens and metal. It will snag on a clip, which will release the socket. Had me for a while the first time I tried as figured you had to come at it from the back of the light, but oh no.......start lens side, through the small gap, and voila!

Rob

Thanks got them off - did you ever find an alternative to buying more oem ones ?

Like you I’d like plug and play if poss.

Rich

Back
Top Bottom