Doc & The Boss do Wangerland

Must be very intimidating for a first time rider on the German autobahns. Must go very wrong for the cars if an accident happens at the speeds they go.
Look five times before overtaking lorries.
I stayed on the autobahn for one junction when I rode up to the ferry at Hirstals... madness. Belgium is just as bad, the ring road around Antwerp, deep tramlines from the lorries that fill with water and everyone tailgating each other.... I would rather be somewhere else! I came off and rejigged the sat nav with motorways turned off, the smaller roads were fantastic, quiet, nice surface no maniacs in 4 litre BMWs doing 200kph+ in the pouring rain.... funny thing was after I turned off, the A road ran parallel to the autobahn about a field or two away, the autobahn was on raised up ground and it had come to a grinding halt with red lights everywhere... I remember a tailback of about 6 miles, my road had nothing on it. Obviously idiot features in his fast car had made everyone late, by trying to go tooo fast. It is a weird fact that going a bit slower actually gets you there sooner!

Good report, I have enjoyed it, although I joined the party late.

Very enjoyable Doc. :thumb2
I look forward to the next episode. :clap

Reactions: Doc
Oddly I noted a blue number plate with no NL addition.....it was on a taxi, so I concluded it was something to do with taxis....

Just waiting to board then it's Beer'o clock.
Oh and this is Jaynes light up mirror. Doesn't take up much space. :augie
And chin chin lads.20230717_172140.jpg
20230717_171019.jpg

Last edited:
Cheers

165d5b6063ab2f80a32ebdde08e48e96.jpg

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Thetwatcantalk

Reactions: Doc
And Jayne's verdict on the Harley? :)
One little niggle that the back rest is a bit low. That can be cured the by extending it but would need to go to a engineering place.
Otherwise all good 👍

Total miles for this trip 1270.
So not bad and all in the dry apart from 50 miles.
MPG no idea.
Money spent no idea but I know a lady who will know down to the last penny. ;) Ex money person in work so it's inbuilt.

Back
Top Bottom