For Sale Ducati Elite 1964 Restoration Project £2250

Paradiso

Active member
UKGSer Subscriber
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
154
Reaction score
78
Location
Guisborough, England
Ducati Elite 200 (made in Italy) restoration project. Narrowcase UK bike made in 1964. Produced April 1964 (date stamped on inside of fork leg). This later Elite is based on the 250 engine rather than the 175. Starting in 1961, Ducati updated the Elite's engineering to use the bottom end and structural design of the newer 250cc narrow-case single family, while keeping the displacement at 204cc.
I bought this disassembled from an elderly owner as a restoration project but I don't think I'll get around to doing it. Engine and frame numbers are present.

Engine number: -
156970-DM200E
Frame number: - DM200E*155473*1GM1007-0M

Original registration number was GCL785F.

I suspect that it had been taken off the road many years ago due to damage to one of the footpeg mountings on the frame. I have had this professionally repaired.

The engine turns over and it appears to have good compression, though it has not been run for many years. The fins on the barrel, head and engine are all intact and not damaged. I have not had the engine apart, though I did take the top bevel vover off for a photograph.

The cycle parts such as mudguards centre stand, chain guard, steel toolboxes/side panels and rear number plate/light mount are all there and all in very good condition. The last owner spent some time sourcing these. The fuel tank is solid and stripped of paint. The wheels were rebuilt when I got the bike. The front forks and rear shocks are there but will require restoration.

I have bought some bits and pieces in preparation for restoration. I've cleaned and rebuilt the carburetor. I've also sourced new stainless fasteners and footrest rubbers. I also have a clutch cover that is in better condition than that on the engine. In truth, apart from getting the footpeg mount fixed I've barely touched it).

It is missing a seat and a silencer. Both of these are available as new reproductions. It also needs the rear brake light switch bracket (bolt on and available). The kick start lever is not the correct one. It works, but does not fit as it should. It may be from a widecase model. It also needs a replacement top yoke as the one fitted has cracked.


The bike has been loosely assembled. This is a restoration project. The remains of the electrical system are there, but the bike will need a full rewire; though on a ducati single this is not a significant task.

I do not have a V5, though I have a photocopy of the original number plate/registration. You can apply for an age related plate once the bike has been assembled and viewed/checked by the Ducati Owner's Club.

I have the original owner's hand book and an original parts book.

Collect from Guisborough, on the border of North Yorkshire and Teesside.

Payment via bank transfer or cash on collection.
£2250

20260915_134415.jpg20260915_134422.jpg20260915_134437.jpg20260915_134238.jpg20260915_134226.jpg20260915_134235.jpg20260915_134503.jpg20260915_134509.jpg20260915_134542.jpg20260915_135014.jpg20260912_182731.jpg20260912_180101.jpg20260912_180132.jpg20260912_175609.jpg
 


Back
Top Bottom