East Hillerton House in Spreyton, Devon

Kenny

Trustworthy Scouser AND
Mod Squad
Reaction score
Toxteth scouser, made good ..now hiding on the W
Seems the landlady and landlord don't like scousers!! Two of our finest were booked in to stay at the East Hillerton House in Spreyton, Devon whilst completing their charity walk ( in memory ) for the Elle Edwards Foundation. One of the walkers is the father of the deceased. This young lady was the murdered victim of a gun crime in Merseyside when a low life fired indiscriminately into a crowded pub to try and frighten/kill a rival drug dealer gang member. Elle Edwards' father and a good friend were completing the walk when turned away at the B & B front door because of their scouse accent !! Shame on this B & B ( they have since back tracked once the newspapers got hold of the story ) with their outdated racist comment that they "didn't care" about the charity walk. What is wrong with some people?

Seems the landlady and landlord don't like scousers!! Two of our finest were booked in to stay at the East Hillerton House in Spreyton, Devon whilst completing their charity walk ( in memory ) for the Elle Edwards Foundation. One of the walkers is the father of the deceased. This young lady was the murdered victim of a gun crime in Merseyside when a low life fired indiscriminately into a crowded pub to try and frighten/kill a rival drug dealer gang member. Elle Edwards' father and a good friend were completing the walk when turned away at the B & B front door because of their scouse accent !! Shame on this B & B ( they have since back tracked once the newspapers got hold of the story ) with their outdated racist comment that they "didn't care" about the charity walk. What is wrong with some people?

Dunno
Sad attitude to take

Hi Kenny. As someone born and bred in Toxteth and lived in Liverpool until I was 40, I never realised the "racism" towards Scousers until I moved away and I have lived in five different places since (now 75). Somehow you have to work that bit harder than anyone else to prove you are a normal, decent person. Definitely won't go near that B&B. RobA.

Hi Kenny. As someone born and bred in Toxteth and lived in Liverpool until I was 40, I never realised the "racism" towards Scousers until I moved away and I have lived in five different places since (now 75). Somehow you have to work that bit harder than anyone else to prove you are a normal, decent person. Definitely won't go near that B&B. RobA.
It happens occasionally. Hence my #SLM (scouse lives matter) I'm thinking we're an oppressed minority. To whom do I apply for reparations.

That's really quite incomprehensible, with an attitude like that I wonder whether they'd have turned away someone of colour with an accent or whether a little they'd have thought the better of it. Trust your friends found somewhere suitable.

I think there are unseen prejudices and assumptions everywhere with regards to regions in the UK and accents, along the lines of Cockneys being cheeky, home counties being posh and south west being dim witted rural peasants.

They're on Trip Adviser so suggest your friend leaves appropriate feedback

Back
Top Bottom