East Midlands

mikeyboy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Overland and classic,vale of belvoir,Melton Mowbra
I'm starting to think there aren't many tossers here:confused:
For such a big area there only seems to be about 20 or so contribute and attend any events posted.
Has att scared them all away:bow
East mids used to host a big rally over in Derbyshire
Why the lack of interest over the last few years:confused:

Why the lack of interest over the last few years

Because it's just the same guys, who are all getting older!
And younger riders have their own 'scene': very different.
So tbh, the phrase 'flogging a dead horse' comes to mind.
But there'll always be a core group, who get out & do stuff.
And others who don't, and who just do all the complaining.
So it goes.

The cafe meets always fall on days when I'm either working or sleeping from the previous night shift. I spoke to a few at the Dent weekend about organising a meet in somewhere like Bakewell, maybe I ought to try and sort it? But then thats not East Midlands is it!

There appear to be quite a few GSers in Sheffield/S.Yorks area but there is never any kind of meet up there or in the Peak District :nenau - so I still attend as many EM ones as I can.

Maybe people meet up via PMs ?

There appear to be quite a few GSers in Sheffield/S.Yorks area but there is never any kind of meet up there or in the Peak District :nenau - so I still attend as many EM ones as I can.

Maybe people meet up via PMs ?

We meet up all the time but we just choose not to tell you :D

I'm starting to think there aren't many tossers here:confused:
For such a big area there only seems to be about 20 or so contribute and attend any events posted.
Has att scared them all away:bow
East mids used to host a big rally over in Derbyshire
Why the lack of interest over the last few years:confused:

Cheeky fucker:D
I went to the East Mids do twice, it was a good bash.
The demographic has changed with people though and people expect too much these days and whine and moan if they don`t get it, they are generally hard work......So why would anyone want to put on an event for a load of whingers?:nenau

I doubt things are any different here to many other bike clubs around the country.
Boston Motorcycle Association has 50ish members and only three of them are under 50!

I'll try and do most things if I'm not away, but I am away for the proposed camping weekend.

There was a really good attendance when I used to organise the East Mids Event at Lumb Farm (Ripley) .... did it from 2007-2011 and there was well over 100 attendee's at each ''do'

I miss the big events :(

There was a really good attendance when I used to organise the East Mids Event at Lumb Farm (Ripley) .... did it from 2007-2011 and there was well over 100 attendee's at each ''do'

I miss the big events :(

It was a great do at Lumb Farm Bryn. The only issue was all the camper vans taking over the field. Those of us in tents ended up in shit camping spots.

pano_zpsfx2nd8ds.jpg

The cafe meets always fall on days when I'm either working or sleeping from the previous night shift. I spoke to a few at the Dent weekend about organising a meet in somewhere like Bakewell, maybe I ought to try and sort it? But then thats not East Midlands is it!

Grindleford Station would be a goodie :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom