Email hosting service advice

NeilDD

Old enough to know better
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Techies
I have an old email address that came originally from Freenetname.
They have been subsumed by Plusnet a few years back, but I'm peed off with the poor service from Plusnet of constantly rising charges, but no option of upgrading the quality of my service.

I need to keep this email address alive, but change my ISP.

So what's my best option where I can keep this email going?

TIA

If the email address is hosted on a domain name that is now owned / controlled by Plus net, you won’t be able to take it with you.
At best you may be able to see if Plus net will allow you to keep it active with them but they will likely want to charge you a few quid a month for the privilege

I own the domain according to Nominet listings, as that what was the original agreement with Freenetname the original providor.

I own the domain according to Nominet listings, as that what was the original agreement with Freenetname the original providor.
If you own the domain then any number of companies will host the domain and usually have at least an email forwarding service (so you can forward to eg a Gmail account), if not a full email service which you can use webmail or IMAP on. I use Gandi to host my domain and forward email to Gmail (which can be configured to send email for domains).

If you own the domain then any number of companies will host the domain and usually have at least an email forwarding service (so you can forward to eg a Gmail account), if not a full email service which you can use webmail or IMAP on. I use Gandi to host my domain and forward email to Gmail (which can be configured to send email for domains).
the domain is owned by Plusnet if his email address ends Freenetname.co.uk as they bought madasafish, the previous owner

@NeilDD is it your @gn email address? If so that needs renewing as it expires in 3 days time.

Back
Top Bottom