Excellent Waterproof Jacket

Good kit in the cold/rain. Less so in the heat though…
Seriously ???

For a laminated construction suit its probably the best ventilated one I've ever owned.

I consider it the Swiss army knife of biking kit.

Seriously ???

For a laminated construction suit its probably the best ventilated one I've ever owned.

I consider it the Swiss army knife of biking kit.
I wear laminated kit most of the time in the UK but I'll never wear it for long-haul biking again. Even if a laminated suit is well ventilated by the end of three months continuous wear in hot weather it will stink (AMHIK :) and I wouldn't want to trust it to the average back street, back of beyond laundry.

I bought a Scott Jacket at J&S Waterlooville for exactly the same reason just before a trip to the Lake District last year and it was biblical for the whole trip and it kept me dry and is super comfy - I’m tempted with the Klim Marrakesh jacket with a down liner, I reckon that combo could cope with just about anything.
I’m a convert to the Marrakesh, Zepher and down jacket (M&S is far cheaper than Klim) and for me it works extremely well combined with a Scott Ergo Pro.

I’m off to Greece on Tues, leaving at 5am, with rain forecast all the way between here and Ancona, so it’ll be a great test for the Ergo jkt/ trousers combo… I’m hoping it’ll be as good as you say.
…and it was 👍

I’m a convert to the Marrakesh, Zepher and down jacket (M&S is far cheaper than Klim) and for me it works extremely well combined with a Scott Ergo Pro.
pretty much my outfit when I head to spain and often needed on the return leg from Plymouth
If its chilly the zephyr helps - if its cold the Rukka down jacket underneath and if its very cold and wet the Scott Ergo

the real beauty of that is that the warm and dry element packs down so small all into a tank bag with ease

The company Trespass currently has the Packaway hi viz, waterproof and breathable jacket for £34.99. If purchasing in store, provide an e-mail and there is a further 20% reduction on the price. I can attest to the quality of the jacket as it has been used for several years, and in atrocious conditions used daily from Caen to Tiblisi . When not in use it packs away it takes up very little space.

I’m tempted with the Klim Marrakesh jacket with a down liner, I reckon that combo could cope with just about anything.
It does, together with the Klim windproof Zephyr liner, although I generally use the Rukka Lahti rather than a full down jacket.
The Lahti is a synthetic filled body with fleece lined sleeves, so your core stays warm and the sleeves don’t bulk up the arms making the Marrakesh sleves tight. Being synthetic it will keep you warm even if it does get wet, wet down is useless as insulation. If it’s very cold then I use a Rab synthetic puffa jacket instead of the Lahti.

Last edited:
I’ve a Tucano Nano jacket (and trousers) that were cheap enough, pack small and kept me dry up in Scotland last year, though over my regular gear, so can’t attest to them going over Hood jeans and a mesh jacket on my upcoming France trip. I just know that if I spend the £160+ on the Scott gear, it’ll not rain. But wet hood jeans don’t appeal…

Back
Top Bottom