F650 GS Dakar Noisy Clutch

RPMDAKAR

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
At 78,000 miles my 2005 Dakar nail seems to run very well with the exception of a very noisy clutch and occasional difficulty selecting gears especially when cold on selecting 1st first time, the bike wants to launch itself into orbit! I am contemplating a complete used replacement clutch unit but would welcome any suggestions as to any pitfalls or dodges that would enable me to achieve my task.

On clutch basket, check that sides of the slots are still smooth (the plates slide in these slots). If they are notched, suggest source used basket to go with your new plates etc.

On clutch basket, check that sides of the slots are still smooth (the plates slide in these slots). If they are notched, suggest source used basket to go with your new plates etc.

Thanks for the update this was one of the items I was expecting to find although the noise is only when the clutch is fully home, so to speak, not when engaged, ie the lever pulled in.

First change the oil and check for radial movement of the basket for signs of bearing wear.

Back
Top Bottom