Great set of photos KMD. I love the orange umbrella!I must say, one of, if not the, best motorsports events I’ve ever been to. Walking around the paddock, if you showed an interest or asked a question, the owners, drivers or mechanics were incredibly gracious in engaging with you. I may have to come back……..
Spa is looking stunning wapping; and yes you have done well with the weather; good old micro climate
I must say, one of, if not the, best motorsports events I’ve ever been to.

i took these a few years ago at Monyash; seem's the righ time to post them an historic racing thread; anything can turn up at our regular caff; i'am thinking Lola but not sure if it's the real deal; not an every day i thought;The fuel stop fun watched, it was up to the main restaurant above the new pits for food and then to watch from above the old pits and from the pit wall of the old pits.
View attachment 542296View attachment 542297View attachment 542298View attachment 542299View attachment 542300View attachment 542301View attachment 542302View attachment 542303View attachment 542304View attachment 542305




I'll be interested to see how they manage spectators at Portimao. We looked a going to a MotoGP there a couple of years ago, but it seems that you buy a ticket for a grandstand and only get access to that grandstand - no wandering round to different sectors of the track even on practice days. Very poor revies for marshalls and stewards too (for spectators, not racers).Indeed it is. Easy to get to (at least from SE England), the parking is great, the spectating areas around the track top notch and an ‘early bird’ ticket for EUR 25. It really is very hard to beat.
We are though going to the Portuguese ‘Classic’ at Portimao in late October, flying down on the Friday and flying back on the Tuesday. This is something new for us; it’ll be interesting to see what it’s like.
Of course, it may be very different for an event that is likely to be rather less populous.
That car is a GTD T70, a British-built replica of the legendary Lola T70 sports-racing car.
In fact, I can identify this particular car quite precisely from your photographs:
- Make/model: GTD T70
- Registration: F506 RRO
- Engine: 5.0-litre (5000cc)
- Racing number: 14
- The registration and model are independently recorded together as “GTD T70 (F506 RRO) 5000cc”.
- The car has appeared at Mallory Park, including in 2023.
Did the drivers have to queue to pay for petrol?
Whoops a daisy on clanging the door.They don’t slouch about, driving into the station.
Yes, the team is charged for the fuel.
A GT40 came in and had to wait for an empty pump. The driver opened the door, to let some heat out, then saw a pump had become free. He rocketed forwards and swung in, alongside the pump. As the door was not closed, it swung open and clumped the post a resounding whack!
GT40 as I found my Ginetta G20 could be a handful in anything other than a clean and dry road.
My father knew a broker in Lloyd’s who bought a Le Mans GT40, who was surprised at how many things broke, not realising that they were designed to last for 24 hours, not forever.I know someone who bought a GT40 replica. It looked fantastic but, in reality, it was bloody awful. He sold it and bought a Jaguar XJ220 in its place.