frozen pinkie tips

ELIMINATOR

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Not my idea, Magee is the instigator. There, no plagiarism.

Right, as the man said. How do you stop your fingertips from freezing despite heated grips and handguards. I have toyed with the idea of somehow sticking some rubber sheet on the underside of the guards. I believe that the turbulence creates a backdraft, so something long enough to extend beyond your fingertips should do the job.

Remember you ABS Integral guys KEEP YOUR DISTANCE. Ref. crap BMW iNTEGRAL ABS.

Whilst you're getting your bike ready to head off into the wild blue yonder, try leaving your gloves on a radiator for a few minutes. I always put my gloves on last and because they are warm from being left on the radiator I find I don't get cold finger tips anymore.

:)

Fit muffs and you dont need to bother switching the heated grips on, in all weathers

Attachments

• picture 009.jpg
    picture 009.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 636
~Stef~ said:
Fit muffs and you dont need to bother switching the heated grips on, in all weathers

Gosh,I feel cold just looking at that picture!! Your windscreen appears to be a different shape,is it an optional one,or have you cut it? Do you have to cut it because of the handlebar muffs?

Muffs man... just type it in a search and a wealth of info will miraculously appear!!!

GSbabe said:
Gosh,I feel cold just looking at that picture!! Your windscreen appears to be a different shape,is it an optional one,or have you cut it? Do you have to cut it because of the handlebar muffs?

Windscreen was an experiment, that eventually got binned. Theres no need for any modifications to fit muffs.

Just fitted a pair - brilliant! COst me 20 quid in Infinity. Franco told me he made some out of 2 litre oil containers and tape. Wish I thought of that before!

Heated grips on full, Hein Gerricke two finger gloves with a pair of freeby plastic gloves from a petrol station undeneath. Never ever get cold hands.

laughingBob said:
Heated grips on full, Hein Gerricke two finger gloves with a pair of freeby plastic gloves from a petrol station undeneath. Never ever get cold hands.

But look like a mutant, and smell slightly of Diesel ! ;)

I do have an ego, whilst muffs are OK on my Honda 400, on the GS Na! Pretentious, moi?
Anyone got any STYLISH answers.

Madmountainman, are you the tall bloke I met at SPC who had swopped a GS to an Adventurer because the GS was too small, and had come back from a european tour?

ELIMINATOR said:
I do have an ego, whilst muffs are OK on my Honda 400, on the GS Na! Pretentious, moi?
Anyone got any STYLISH answers.

you must own a 1200 :rolleyes:

i find that the clutch and brake levers are what cause my fingers to get cold. any remedies for that?

billy-joe said:
i find that the clutch and brake levers are what cause my fingers to get cold. any remedies for that?

Try not to touch them:)

I always smirked at the muffs on a GS thinking what tosser would do that to his poor bike but alas I went that way last winter and they should be going on the bike today again. Well worth it and you can use summer gloves if you turn on the heated grips.

:gringo

maverick said:
Try not to touch them:)

I always smirked at the muffs on a GS thinking what tosser would do that to his poor bike but alas I went that way last winter and they should be going on the bike today again. Well worth it and you can use summer gloves if you turn on the heated grips.

:gringo

I always smirk at the tossers that think there Gs are to pretty to have muffs fitted

Back
Top Bottom