G650 X-country replacement clutch cover

Yarkto

You only need one!
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi does anyone have any info/links/suppliers they can share as to the replacement cover containing steel bushings? ( to replace alumnium OE)
thank you

Your local, friendly BMW Motorrad dealer can still supply new ones. I bought one a few months back.

Thank you Schtum- to be clear - are you referring to the new upgraded version? I was under the ( possible wrong) impression that bmw did not have them

Thank you Schtum- to be clear - are you referring to the new upgraded version? I was under the ( possible wrong) impression that bmw did not have them

Yes, they supply the new version complete with bush. You'll obviously need a gasket and possibly some additional parts.

Thanks for fast reply- any chance of part numbers / details from your invoice to help Tom at Bahnstormers?

Thanks for fast reply- any chance of part numbers / details from your invoice to help Tom at Bahnstormers?

Having just sold the bike back to a member on here, I strongly suspect that I included the invoice with all the paperwork that I sent him.

Understood, would you mind asking him for a photo of it? It really would help a lot find the correct part to order.

Last edited:
BMW have the part but cannot confirm if its the revised one. ( sheeesh!)
So I'm back to asking if you could get a copy/ info from the invoice - I assume it was bought in UK?
Thanks
[Scribble out personal info!]

Last edited:
It seems that I didn't send the new owner the invoice for the parts, after all. So I've no idea what I've done with it.

However, the good news is that I did keep the PM from John Nicholson with the required parts list:

CLUTCH HOUSING COVER 11 14 7 700 331
GASKET 11 14 7 700 194
NEEDLE SLEEVE BEARING 21 21 7 701 501
NEEDLE SLEEVE BEARING 21 21 7 700 120
SHAFT SEAL 21 21 7 700 173

If you want to 100% sort it I normally change the shaft as well :

OPERATING SHAFT 21 21 7 700 306
CIRCLIP 21 21 2 343 258

I got the parts from John Clark Motorrad in Dundee. It took a few days for them to source them from Germany.

HTH

It seems that I didn't send the new owner the invoice for the parts, after all. So I've no idea what I've done with it.

However, the good news is that I did keep the PM from John Nicholson with the required parts list:

CLUTCH HOUSING COVER 11 14 7 700 331
GASKET 11 14 7 700 194
NEEDLE SLEEVE BEARING 21 21 7 701 501
NEEDLE SLEEVE BEARING 21 21 7 700 120
SHAFT SEAL 21 21 7 700 173

If you want to 100% sort it I normally change the shaft as well :

OPERATING SHAFT 21 21 7 700 306
CIRCLIP 21 21 2 343 258

I got the parts from John Clark Motorrad in Dundee. It took a few days for them to source them from Germany.

HTH
Could this be added to the X quick reference thread, please.

Job done
My thanks to Schtum and BMW Bahnstomers' Tom (in parts sales) who got the parts in from Deutschland for being so helpful.(y)

Back
Top Bottom