Gael warning on the Karakoram Highway

Great entertainment as always, thanks Simon :thumb

I’ve always wanted to ride the Himalayas but the thoughts of negotiating the crowds in either India or Pakistan scare the cr@p outta me

Where are ya off to next ? And can we come along again ?

I al also glad I didn’t ride in a big city like Lahore as it was explained to me :
1.There are no rules

I rode through Lahore en route to Wagah.
The Wild West :D and the parts I went through were a complete S-H.
It was the only place I picked up a couple of dents in the ally paniers without actually crashing.

I rode through Lahore en route to Wagah.
The Wild West :D and the parts I went through were a complete S-H.
It was the only place I picked up a couple of dents in the ally paniers without actually crashing.

I can believe that, Redboots! I found the Wagah border thing a bit of a farce, but it seems to have a big following on both sides of the border
9eb873130cebfd4b9e84591dfb5020af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent, as always, Simon.

Between you and Itchy Boots, who is just the other side of the border, we now want to visit this area - even A is ready to go back to the Himalayas - so thank you 🙏🏍👏

Great entertainment as always, thanks Simon :thumb

I’ve always wanted to ride the Himalayas but the thoughts of negotiating the crowds in either India or Pakistan scare the cr@p outta me

Where are ya off to next ? And can we come along again ?

Thanks Jochen. I think you might be pleasantly surprised by Pakistan…other than Lahore my trip was relaxed and uncrowded.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome back Simon, glad all went well as you pointed out you never know…
most enjoyable write up, well done..
get in touch regards R50 literature,I might have some……

Great report, thank you, Simon.

Zaf, who runs my local dry cleaners, showed my some pictures of him and his several brothers, riding their little Honda motorcycles, up through Pakistan and into Afghanistan. He and they looked remarkably like:

f863fb820e73d2a14e34fb6f5032c425.jpg

Last edited:
Richard: glad you enjoyed.

That looks like a Honda CD70 which along with the Honda CG125 is the most popular…..outside any office building they are parked in their hundreds, all apparently identical, and I don’t know how people find theirs again after work!

2b868fa424329934bbcfb9d45228f101.jpg

Does someone clean the bikes, Simon?

Yes…it’s a soft life on a group tour. And a big shout out to Karakorambikers.com….I really can’t fault them - they were very professional, the bikes were great and the group helped well. And given the sketchy security situation in Pakistan, it was useful having a local network.

Last edited by a moderator:
Richard: glad you enjoyed.

That looks like a Honda CD70 which along with the Honda CG125 is the most popular…..outside any office building they are parked in their hundreds, all apparently identical, and I don’t know how people find theirs again after work!

There's an app for that. LOL

Yes…it’s a soft life on a group tour. And a big shout out to Karakorambikers.com….I really can’t fault them - they were very professional, the bikes were great and the group helped well. And given the sketchy security situation in Pakistan, it was useful having a local network.

What kind of expense is involved Simon if you don’t mind me asking. It looks like a stunning tour.

What kind of expense is involved Simon if you don’t mind me asking. It looks like a stunning tour.

Hiya!

Really just the cost of a flight to and from Islamabad….pretty much everything else (bike/fuel/lodging/food/visits) were covered in the cost of the tour….you’ll find the prices on the Karakorambikers website, I did the Pure Pakistan tour, the longest one (19 days) and I felt it was good value as did all those I travelled with. And you could do a similar itinerary more cheaply by just renting the bike but we all appreciated the backup and local knowledge, plus having our gear carried around for us (and the bikes started and warmed up for us whilst we had our breakfast, how decadent is that?)

Hiya!

Really just the cost of a flight to and from Islamabad….pretty much everything else (bike/fuel/lodging/food/visits) were covered in the cost of the tour….you’ll find the prices on the Karakorambikers website, I did the Pure Pakistan tour, the longest one (19 days) and I felt it was good value as did all those I travelled with. And you could do a similar itinerary more cheaply by just renting the bike but we all appreciated the backup and local knowledge, plus having our gear carried around for us (and the bikes started and warmed up for us whilst we had our breakfast, how decadent is that?)

Obviously you were being kept in the style to which you have been long accustomed Simon!!! Thank you for that. It is something that would very much interest me. So much to see, so little time!!!!

Back
Top Bottom