Givi Outback Trekker Evo 58L for GSA

pino9997

Reaction score
Hi there,

I just bought a GSA 1250 and I am looking for a Top Box. I really like the Outback Trekker 58 litres. It doesn't look too big on the GSA because the bike is fairly big itself.
My only fear is that it can cause instability on high speed with the strong irish wind.
Could you please give me any feedback about that?
Thanks in advance.

Mine was fine - no issues at all on the Motorway or in bad weather. The shape/design is well thought out in that it is not a tall box, and the width/depth are good dimensions to give the capacity without it being too wide or deep.

Hi there,

I just bought a GSA 1250 and I am looking for a Top Box. I really like the Outback Trekker 58 litres. It doesn't look too big on the GSA because the bike is fairly big itself.
My only fear is that it can cause instability on high speed with the strong irish wind.
Thanks in advance.

Pino
Have a look on Done deal there's a 58 litre for sale far as i know its an Outback.
Regards P.joe

Hi there,

Thanks in advance.

Morning @pino9997,

Last summer I got myself one of these boxes for my GSA and I am really happy with it, no instability issues at any speeds up to National Speed limits and some faster speeds (off the public roads of course). Good sturdy fit and I even bought one of these nets to go inside the lid of the box and hold unnecessary tatt and admin that I never used to need to lug about (glasses cases etc)
Box has enough space for two lids so ideal stowage when out and about somewhere and I can carry my tatt for work when I decide to commute.

Hi there,

Thanks in advance.
Safe up to 120mph on Autobahn

Got one on my bike, had it 4 years.
never had any issues being blown or unbalanced.

Thank you guys. Very much appreciated.
I was just worried that the box could make the bike unstable when going to high speed in the motorway (up 120mph when safe), where I can already feel some instability even without the box.
I'll order one.

Giuseppe

G
Thank you guys. Very much appreciated.
I was just worried that the box could make the bike unstable when going to high speed in the motorway (up 120mph when safe), where I can already feel some instability even without the box.
I'll order one.

Giuseppe
Giuseppe,
With all due respect, You have to drive at a safe speed that only you feel comfortable with, box or no box.
That level is different with everyone.
Reading the general consensus of opinions, above most people have driven with luggage, top ect without problems.
Try two up fully loaded with all the luggage possible to carry on some bridges open to all Nature can throw at you, then youll know what unstable is. Reacting to the bike changing direction and being subject to gusting wind and other similar conditions will make you a sharper rider, ok obviously a little exhausted also
See it as an opportunity.
Enjoy my friend and safe riding

Hi there,

Thanks in advance.
You will have no issues. Had one on mine plus a small bag on top and all ok.

Back
Top Bottom